What's new

The Brotherhood Of Mustachioed Badgers

Romeolima:
Sorry to see that your stache is going the way of the clipper. glad you joined the journey, good news as times change you can do it again, and every November you hopefully can convince the SWMBO that you are growing it to help cancer research in "Movember" Once a member always a member.

Cheers

Sadly my moustache journey is coming to an end, SWMBO has put her foot down. Still she has allowed me six months to pursue this endeavour and I am glad that I have done it.

I shall enjoy my last few days before it goes and I shall be sad to hand in my membership of this illustrious club. I had some great advice along with way, so thank you, and Gentlemen I wish you all the very best.

Same here, bud. I was only 2 months in. She hates Van Dykes!! I tried the stache and soul patch....no go. Blank slate. I'll give it another go in the fall.

Sorry boys. I'm out...for now ;)

$halfbar.jpg
Well there it goes...

Sad day for me as I have truly enjoyed my moustache journey. Just trimmed off tonight and taken the thick off with my old Mach3. Full works tomorrow with my DE89 and an Astra, been mostly using my R41 lately but only with a moustache. Save that for the weekend to get used to shaving my top lip with the Beast!

I must return my club card... this evening, I removed the handles of my handlebar.

A few weeks back, I got so tired of the hairs getting in my mouth, I trimmed the body short, but left the ends long. Little by little I kept creeping closer and closer to the ends when I trimmed my stash, until a few days ago, I got a little to close. The result was that the base of the handalbars didnt have enough density to listen to my commands when I would wax it. NO amount of wax would help... I could curl them (they were still long), but seconds or minutes later, they would stick out like divining rods, our curl back into my face, or start uncurling.

So F it! Off it came tonight.

So let this be a lesson to you... even if you start trimming the body of the stash, you need to leave enough on root of the handlebars to support the hair!

I will likely grow it back, though. :)

I must return my club card... this evening, I removed the handles of my handlebar.

A few weeks back, I got so tired of the hairs getting in my mouth, I trimmed the body short, but left the ends long. Little by little I kept creeping closer and closer to the ends when I trimmed my stash, until a few days ago, I got a little to close. The result was that the base of the handalbars didnt have enough density to listen to my commands when I would wax it. NO amount of wax would help... I could curl them (they were still long), but seconds or minutes later, they would stick out like divining rods, our curl back into my face, or start uncurling.

So let this be a lesson to you... even if you start trimming the body of the stash, you need to leave enough on root of the handlebars to support the hair!

That happens to me every time I try to trim my mustache up. My handlebars get a bit unruly so I try to clean it up and accidentally make one snip too many and have to start all over again.

I'm in. I've had mine for years. Shaved it off once and my GFATT told me I had "cruel lips." Haven't shaved it off in 30+ years

$Mustache Picture 058 shrunk.jpg

I've trimmed a bit close a time or two. I've one unruly rogue hair on the left side that is white and goes pretty much 90 degrees to my lip. I have to duck and cover when my wife gets her scissors to keep it. I've tried waxing the handlebar but it never seems to help.

A bit of handlebar maintenance advice needed here.

Your card is likely still good since gentlemen are rather understanding of mishaps and discreet errors in judgment.

I have never done just the mustache but, I started growing a goatee and mustache at 19. I shaved it off once at 20 and immediately started growing it back. I'm 38 now and it changes size and shape with the seasons, but I always keep the stache and at least something on the chin. Is this the club for me or is there a more appropriate beard club that I haven't found?

Top Bottom