What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Aren't they all, it takes skill to get those smoke wisps, or an ungodly quantity of photos, or perhaps both. :laugh:
I am in awe of them as well. Just look at the center scroll of smoke and you can see through all three layers. I tried this the other day and have to say that it does require patience and skill. I gave up. Just waiting for the wind to cooperate would take all day.

Thanks, guys! They're a lot of fun.. smoke is an interesting subject, for sure.. definitely has a mind of its own. Where I shoot them, my house is to my back, and there's a fence and shrubs to my right, so that helps with the wind a bit, but it's usually still a matter of waiting for a little break in the wind, then working very quickly!

Best Brown Flake, cube cut, then dried while I mowed the lawn. In a Mark Tinsky Canadian.

proxy.php

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439000530.309220.jpg

What will probably be my last pipe in Japan for quite some time. LBeF in the Ser Jacopo Canadian. Should be a nice smoke before I have to sit for 14 hrs until JFK.

Comoy's Cask No. 9 in a Yanik skull.. I think he's working on an evil plot of some sort, but it doesn't look like a plan that will come together very well.

$image.jpg

Thanks, guys! They're a lot of fun.. smoke is an interesting subject, for sure.. definitely has a mind of its own. Where I shoot them, my house is to my back, and there's a fence and shrubs to my right, so that helps with the wind a bit, but it's usually still a matter of waiting for a little break in the wind, then working very quickly!

Do you shoot it with your phone or do you use a proper camera? I am assuming the latter.

Do you shoot it with your phone or do you use a proper camera? I am assuming the latter.

They were all shot on an iPhone 5s until July 4th (post 12242).. I got a wifi card for my DSLR that can push jpegs to my phone, so lately I've been using the DSLR to take the shots, and the phone to crop, adjust brightness and contrast, and post.

Top Bottom