What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I am kind of excited. I am working through about a dozen different pucks of the old formula, and always thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. The idea that I am going to be able to replace them with something even better is awesome.

I was never the biggest fan of Stirling Soaps because I always thought they omitted a funny scent. I thought I would try the new improved formula and I believe they are a lot better. The tubs are a great and welcome edition.
$image.jpg

I just got my first order of Stirling Soap samples today; Ozark Mountain, Spice, Sharp Dressed Man, and Vanilla Sandalwood. I'm not crazy about the VS (it's my wife's favorite out of the lot, go figure) but the other 3 scents are quite nice. Spice is a dead ringer for vintage Shulton Old Spice, Ozark Mountain smells like fresh Christmas trees, and SDM is a pleasant cologne-type scent.

I shaved using the SDM tonight and didn't have any issues with building a lather, but it did burn my face a bit. I've had a few other soaps burn my face, but they were spice type scents so I was surprised to get it from SDM. I'm hoping it's not the tallow and/or lanolin because I typically use vegan soaps. Anyone else have this with any of the Stirling soaps?

Nope, not even a little bit.

I use a sopping brush, load for about 30 seconds, to the bowl for about 90 seconds. Mounds of wonderful, billowing lather! I use this same technique on all soaps with great success, been using it off and on for forty years, long before YouTube or B&B.

So yesterday I tried the Iced Pineapple soap. This thing smells awesome. I loaded my boar brush and bowl lathered. I lathered for like a minute and I got a nice creamy substance. I proceeded to put it on my face and it still smelled nice. My face after like a minute started feeling really cool and I liked it. It felt cold and the soap made my fingers slippery and the razor glide. It was a comfortable shave. Of course it was a cool shave. I did a second pass and it made my face cool again. I liked it as I like menthol soaps. I wet my face with cold water so if felt extra cold. Then Nivea AS and my face did feel nice the whole day.

Overall I give this soap like a 8/10

Lather ability 7/10
glide 9/10
smell 10/10
thickness of lather 8/10
presentation of Tub 9/10
cost 7/10

I got a sample of Nag Champa, unscented, Texas on Fire and Ozark Mountains. The OM was intoxicating. I did not care for the enormous amount of scent in the others (sans unscented)

Wow - I like the new containers.

I have a metal one that I was using for another soap, and it started developing little black spots on it. I though it was aluminium and it couldn't rust?

Big Stirling fan here. Like the new containers. Biggest issue is getting through all the Summer scents before the Fall/ Winter ones come out. There are not enough shave days left..

Well I ordered some Stirling shave soaps for this first time and am looking forward to trying their Lemon Chill and Wintergreen Glacial.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It is a great value, but it does take me a while to get through nearly 6 ounces, and I love the way the tins stack. True to form, Stirling gives us the option of tubs or refill pucks, and I'm grateful for it!

Top Bottom