What's new

Weck pass around, round 3

It is time to give this another round.

I have a Weck Sextoblade sitting here gathering dust. This is a shame since it shaves so well. I also have a packet of 5 blades.
So this is simple math, the first 5 people who have at least 50 posts, been on for 45 days who want to try it get a shot. (Sorry CONUS)
Just say your in.
You can use only one of the blades and then dispose of it.
Sanitize before passing it on.
Contact the next person on the list and share the tracking with myself.

When the five blades are used up the razor will be returned to me.

$images (2).jpg

Last edited:
Replied fast to make sure I was in but thanks for the chance imatabor.I've been wanting to try one for a lil while now

Sanitized after each use, with a fresh blade per person. I don't see how really unsanitary this is.

Just how any razor ,once used, can be made 100% free of any blood pathogens is a subject of great debate. I doubt that the CDC would view a home sterilized razor as clean enough for use again by a another user. YMMV.....

I actually go through the same steps as are prescribed for barbers. I keep fresh barbicide, that I rotate on a regular basis, a soft bristled toothbrush for a hot water and antibacterial soap, and I steam clean anything I am passing on(jewelry steamer). The only thing I don't do is pop them in an autoclave. I am not trying to be argumentative, but if it's good enough sanitation for hundreds of thousands of barbers it's good enough for me.

Just how any razor ,once used, can be made 100% free of any blood pathogens is a subject of great debate. I doubt that the CDC would view a home sterilized razor as clean enough for use again by a another user. YMMV.....

I actually go through the same steps as are prescribed for barbers. I keep fresh barbicide, that I rotate on a regular basis, a soft bristled toothbrush for a hot water and antibacterial soap, and I steam clean anything I am passing on(jewelry steamer). The only thing I don't do is pop them in an autoclave. I am not trying to be argumentative, but if it's good enough sanitation for hundreds of thousands of barbers it's good enough for me.

What you say is true for your method of sanitizing a razor there is no quarrel with me. However, to ASSUME that every person in the pass around that uses a cleaning method 1/2 as good as your's is just to much for me to believe. Sorry..........

What you say is true for your method of sanitizing a razor there is no quarrel with me. However, to ASSUME that every person in the pass around that uses a cleaning method 1/2 as good as your's is just to much for me to believe. Sorry..........
I absolutely agree that the possibility of everyone using a similar process to me is small. That being said, if I'm unsure about the sanitation of one coming to me I'll assume it to be not sanitary and disinfect it myself.

John, sorry for hijacking your thread.

Top Bottom