What's new

Vintage Avon find

Nice snag. I found the Vantastic decanter in similar condition. It was a lot of fun applying the decals myself. Enjoy your decanter!

Hey Avon Lovers!

Did you know there is a Social Group thread in the Clubs and Brotherhoods forum for Avon lovers?
ALPHA Team - Aftershave Lovers Perpetually Hunting Avon

Continue using this thread (Vintage Avon Find) for posting pics of newly acquired Avon decanters, but if you'd like to join the ALPHAs and discuss all aspects of the brand, we'd love to have you!

Check out my latest post on a special piece of Avon I just received!

You people are a bad influence...

I paid $25 for the lot, there are 44 bottles, less than 10 are empty.

The guy bought them all new in the 60s and 70s when his ex-wife was an avon lady.

he had them all wrapped in newspaper, that was dated january 29, 1984. they havent seen the light of day for nearly 30 years!

Nice score. I had a deal almost exactly like that a couple years ago.
Nice to see other folks starting to get bigger collections. Doesn't make me feel so weird for having as many as I do. LOL.

The deal was to good to pass up. For the price of 2 bottles of OS and a bottle of pinaud clubman, I got 30+ bottles!

Alas, SWMBO, already told me I can't keep them all... and they need to be off the kitchen table by tomorrow lol. I get to keep at least one of each scent though!

On another note, I opened a few with the cap on the sides to smell them, and now they are leaking, what do you guys do to keep them from leaking?

I've never had one leak. Are you sure the cap is all the way tightened? Not the decorative cover lined up, but the actual cap. They are separate pieces. Pull the decorative cap straight off to access the real cap to ensure it is tightened. Then line the decorative cap back up. You can just open the whole thing together now.

I've never had one leak. Are you sure the cap is all the way tightened? Not the decorative cover lined up, but the actual cap. They are separate pieces. Pull the decorative cap straight off to access the real cap to ensure it is tightened. Then line the decorative cap back up. You can just open the whole thing together now.

Yes, it is leaking, it's not leaking very fast, more like weeping. It figures too 'cause it's one of my favorite decanters.

I guess just check the glass for cracks. Check the cap for cracks and ensure the paper/plastic seal is still in place. Other than that I don't know what to tell you.

I guess just check the glass for cracks. Check the cap for cracks and ensure the paper/plastic seal is still in place. Other than that I don't know what to tell you.

The paper seal is what's leaking. It looks like one edge has a scratch in it. The scratch cut through the plastic coating abd it's weeping through the paper. I think I'm going to just swap out with one from a vertical decanter.

How does everyone display their decanter/glass AS bottles? I'm looking for ideas.

That's what I was thinking. Now I just have to find a shelf that I like, and SWMBO likes.

Here is what I have for aftershave in my den and part of my display.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420772907.202047.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420772923.585216.jpg

i am currently on ebay searching for the barber pole and shaving brush. if you guys get me hooked on this stuff i'll be sooooo mad. i used to work at goodwill 16 years ago. i used to see these all the time. we started throwing them out. no one would buy them

i am currently on ebay searching for the barber pole and shaving brush. if you guys get me hooked on this stuff i'll be sooooo mad. i used to work at goodwill 16 years ago. i used to see these all the time. we started throwing them out. no one would buy them

I never gave these a second look until I found b&b and wet shaving...

I'm pretty sure I've thrown out a few too. There was a point that these thing were everywhere, and no one wanted them.

Now that i actually use aftershave, I wanted something that looked cool and is glass.

I never gave these a second look until I found b&b and wet shaving...

I'm pretty sure I've thrown out a few too. There was a point that these thing were everywhere, and no one wanted them.

Now that i actually use aftershave, I wanted something that looked cool and is glass.
Ditto. I got into it initially for nostalgia sake, because I remember seeing these bottles in my Grandparent's bathroom, when I was a kid. But my frugal nature made me dive in. When I could go to an antique store and buy an 8oz bottle of aftershave for $2... a deal like that is really hard to pass up. Now, I literally have a lifetime supply of aftershave!

Top Bottom