What's new

Infusing scent into soap

well.....I havn't heard of any one doing that. but if you did, I would let it sit out for a month or two to purge the original smell, then....maybe.......melt it slowly in a double boiler, then while liquid add some EO of some type. would be my only recommendation.

You don't mess around melting tallow soaps...sorry!
well I certainly wouldn't do it in the micro, but I believe in a double boiler setting could work. all of the dangers mentioned with a double boiler is scent loss, which is exactly what the OP is after so he can add his own. I don't see a problem here.

I tried Williams last night. It smelled horrible, like a citronella mosquito candle. I was about to toss it, but i had some sandalwood essential oil. I microwave the heck out of the soap, and mixed in some oil. It worked. It is now tolerable. I will not buy Williams again, because my prorasso is a better soap, and it smells good, and it doesnt dry out.

I mashed my arko stick together with a sample of soft TFS (The TFS irritated my face because of too much cinnamon EO), the result smelled like a muted version of the TFS with a little hint of lemon.

I just got some Arko sticks today. I also have a small bottle of Sandalwood essential oil. I'll see how the arko smells, tonight. Night get infused.

There is no way I would use the Williams soap, unless it was heavily infused with something. Nasty, nasty nasty.

Amazon has a lot of sellers who sell all types of essential oils. Hmmmm, lemongrass/verbina, rose(for the wife), almond/lemon,etc. Well would be the perfect medium.

I know a guy who used to use Arko for scent experiments. He did a couple of videos about it. I think he just smashed it into a large mixing bowl and after adding a few drops of the EO/FO of choice, he'd just mix it. I can't remember if he added some hot water to it or not, just to soften or loosen the soap up a bit. I had an opportunity to try one of his Mad Scientist concoctions and it was really nice.

According to the company, Williams is scented with lemon, herbs and spices, and a cedarwood finish. Personally, I really enjoy the scent, as it's sort of "old skool" to me. I have heard of people adding an aftershave or cologne either poured on top, or allowed to soak in a bit, to Williams and thus creating a "scented" version. If I remember correctly, they used Aqua Velva and just put a small splash on top of the puck and then lathered. Didn't seem to effect the lather or shave at all.

Sounds like way much more trouble than it's worth, but that's just me. YMMV and good luck with experimentation.

I melt glycerine soap in a double boiler and added a concentrated "blend" made after Tabac. I let it cool in a bowl and now I use it as a shaving soap. Lather is fine, the smell is good but not overbearing - which can be the case when using these "blends" for scenting soaps, they smell horrible in their original concentration.

I have another of these blends made after Old Spice but have not used in soaps. It was absolutely revolting when diluted in alcohol. That is when I remembered they are not made to be used in perfume making.

Based on this I assume any soap can be melted in a double boiler in order to add any other non alergenic eo or blend to it. I was told glycerine could be added if in want of more lather. However, it might end up drying your skin, so an after shave balm and cream would come handy.

I took two tubes of ARKO, put them in the microwave for 15 seconds. I put about 10 drops of sandalwood oil, mashed it up good. I then formed it into a small plastic container. Great smell, very nice lather, great shave.

Top Bottom