What's new

Does it exist?

I've been on the hunt for a 20oz ceramic lined stainless steel travel mug with a tea infuser and a sippable lid. So far, I've not seen anything online.

In the mid-00s, I bought a plastic travel mug with a tea infuser. It had a twist-off top, a plastic sipping lid underneath, and removable metal tea infuser. I loved that mug. Unfortunately, I dropped it some time ago and it cracked.

Basically, I've been searching for an upgraded replacement. Unfortunately, wither the travel mug is only stainless steel (i.e., not ceramic lined) or it's a ceramic lined travel mug but lacks a tea infuser. I've also found borosilicate glass mugs with tea infusers but no sippable lids.

For reference, here are some pictures I took of my old plastic travel mug.
IMG_0287.jpeg

IMG_0288.jpeg

IMG_0290.jpeg

IMG_0290.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0289.jpeg
    IMG_0289.jpeg
    919.1 KB · Views: 1

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Will keep an eye out, for I am sure I have seen similar ... I do just drop a stainless steel basket into whatever cup and do multiple steeps that way.

AA

Yeah, when I'm feeling lazy at home, I use a mug with a mesh cover. It works great and makes clean up much easier than when I use my traditional teapots.

But I missed having a travel mug that could brew tea easily with the addition of just hot water. I recently purchased a borosilicate travel mug with a steel infuser. It's okay, but the way the sipping lid was designed suggests the designers were unfamiliar with physics and how the air ingress hole needs to be above the water line in order for a liquid to pour out from a drain hole.

Top Bottom