What's new

Another Omega.

So let me start by opening it up with a sentence that seems rare here...
I'm not a Semogue guy!
That being said, I found two wonderful Omega brushes, a 10005, and a 'Bigger' Bambino. The Bambino is ever so slightly too small, but almost perfect, and the 10005 is too large by a fair bit. So, in an order with Italian Barber, I threw in an Omega 10019. It's in between the lofts I have, so I figured it my best bet. Not really a huge fan of the way the handle looks, but that's really an irrelevant issue. Anyway, was this a good buy you think? I know it's cheap, and if it's no good I can PIF it or something, but I was just wondering what anyone's thoughts may be on it who have used it.
$Untitled.jpg

Good brush, if inexpensive, and easy to pop off the plastic cap, so that you can make the handle slightly heavier.

I have a very similar model with the green transparent plastic (No.10077). Like Eeyore says it comes off rather easily( I found this out when I dropped the brush). I put some Epoxy into it and it does makes the handle feel a bit more substantial. As for the business end of the brush, it is an excellent performer and one of the best I've used for face lathering.

I currently have two 10019 brushes. Don't be misled by the looks of the handle. That's a great brush. I probably had 6 of them during the last 10 years.

Good brush overall, great price. The Omegas bristles are really good, but their handles sometimes are not so great, especially the plastic ones.

Good brush overall, great price. The Omegas bristles are really good, but their handles sometimes are not so great, especially the plastic ones.

Agreed. I would love to have this brush with a "Semogue quality level" handle. Unfortunately only the Omega dyed boar brushes are available with upscale resin handles, AFAIK.

You certainly can't beat the price!!

I definitely can beat that price lol ... they are €3,75 (is US$ 5.00) here :wink2:

There is only one weak point in this Omega "first price" line. There is no proper ring around the knot, so over time there will be stress cracks in the handle. I think that is the consequence of it being their budget line. The bristles are superb though.

Agreed. I would love to have this brush with a "Semogue quality level" handle. Unfortunately only the Omega dyed boar brushes are available with upscale resin handles, AFAIK.

Check out the Omega 11137. Undyed and with a lovely wooden handle. The knot is slightly larger, even better for face lathering. This is my go to with soap sticks.

$omega11137.jpg

Top Bottom