What's new

Blended Scotch Whisky

Oh yeah, this ones on the list! Might have to get a bottle this next payday.....

proxy.php

Pronounced "Che" (like the Cuban commie) "Vek" (rhymes with "cheque")

+ 1 on Te Bheag
just bought a second bottle straight after finishing the first - something I've never done before as I like to try different whiskys. This is better than a lot of single malts.

I was at a small local meat market that had some wines and spirits and they had Monkey Shoulder for $26.99. I'll be trying it tonight

I was at a small local meat market that had some wines and spirits and they had Monkey Shoulder for $26.99. I'll be trying it tonight
Really opens up with a couple drops of water. So far I like it, and at this price I'll probably keep a bottle stocked all the time.

Really opens up with a couple drops of water. So far I like it, and at this price I'll probably keep a bottle stocked all the time.

The description sound delicious. It's available near me for <$30.
Is Monkey Shoulder a smokey-peaty scotch?

This thread has made me want to go expand my liquor cabinet a bit. I've been searching high and low for Monkey Shoulder and Highland Cream and can't locate them.

Almost as bottom shelf as they come, I enjoy Inver House very much. It was my go-to every day drink in Florida, now in Missouri I can't find it. So I've been trying some of the other cheaper blends. I like Chivas but I prefer to spend less than that.

Impressions from my newest bottles: Dewars is great, Cutty Sark is OK, and Johnny Walker Red is awful (gave me a headache immediately and felt like I had a hangover the next day from 1 drink).

I've got a list of some others to try now.

Dewars 12 yr is a nice alternative to Chivas and JW Black. It's got more depth and character than "regular" Dewars (which I like OK) but still goes down easy and smooth.

This thread has made me want to go expand my liquor cabinet a bit. I've been searching high and low for Monkey Shoulder and Highland Cream and can't locate them.

Almost as bottom shelf as they come, I enjoy Inver House very much. It was my go-to every day drink in Florida, now in Missouri I can't find it. So I've been trying some of the other cheaper blends. I like Chivas but I prefer to spend less than that.

Impressions from my newest bottles: Dewars is great, Cutty Sark is OK, and Johnny Walker Red is awful (gave me a headache immediately and felt like I had a hangover the next day from 1 drink).

I've got a list of some others to try now.
Try going to smaller liquor stores to find Monkey Shoulder. That's where I've seen it in Louisiana.

Either Dewars or Cutty, reminds me of drinking scotch with my Grandfather many moons ago.

What is Cutty like? Can you compare it to anything else? They have a bottle for around $25 at my local store. Is that a good price?

J&B all the way. My son and I both drink plenty of single malts and other higher end whiskeys, but when it's just either or both of us alone, with no guests to serve, we always pull out the J&B.

Top Bottom