What's new

I really loathe cell phones

Got an android last month due to iPhone issues. The android is now flaking out on me so bad I had to go to my windows backup. Only issue is that my fitness pal foes not work well on windows. I am really burned out on cell phones and technology.

I am happy with both Android and iOS, especially when compared prior generation devices like Palm. Are you experiencing phone connectivity problems (dropped phone calls or poor data throughput) which might be carrier related, or is it an issue with apps misbehaving?

I was burned out on smartphones when they first came out. I hate when people have their nose buried in electronics and are paying absolutely no attention to what is going on around them. It makes me want to take their phone and beat them over the head with it. People have become so reliant on technology they have forgotten how to do anything without it. I am not opposed to technology but it is a tool not the master of your life.

Which phone Kev and what sort of problems? Maybe we can help...
I am happy with both Android and iOS, especially when compared prior generation devices like Palm. Are you experiencing phone connectivity problems (dropped phone calls or poor data throughput) which might be carrier related, or is it an issue with apps misbehaving?

A ZTE radiant. The phone randomly freezes, and has a battery drain issue. Tapatalk will not load most of the time, and since it's my only internet at home, it's hard for me to come on the weekends here. It also has Android, which is a big pet peeve of mine, as I have never had good luck with any, and have gotten viruses on them. If MyFitnessPal would not crash on windows phone, or if I could afford a iPhone that would have connected to the internet reliability, I would drop the Android into the middle of the ocean. Since those are not the case, I have to make do with what I have until I can afford a decent phone.

I was burned out on smartphones when they first came out. I hate when people have their nose buried in electronics and are paying absolutely no attention to what is going on around them. It makes me want to take their phone and beat them over the head with it. People have become so reliant on technology they have forgotten how to do anything without it. I am not opposed to technology but it is a tool not the master of your life.

I agree. Too many are addicted to their smartphone, making them dumber all the time. I wonder if I pulled a smartphone from people (and GPS) how they could find their way with a map? Or knew how to carry a conversation with another human being. Man oh man this world is in trouble....

$p173i0f6rp1tb71rbuisjfcoplr0_90967.jpg

I am not familiar with the ZTE radiant phone, but it looks to be an AT&T offering. I wonder if AT&T has loaded extra bloatware which is causing you issues, as I have had practically no problems with stock Android or apps downloaded from google's play store. Tapatalk runs well and notifications to subscribed posts arrive quickly.

As you may know, if you touch the battery icon in the "Quick Settings Panel" it will show how much battery each application/resource is consuming, so if you suspect some application is chewing through your battery that can help you identify it so you can decide whether to delete some app or minimize its usage.

From what I hear, AT&T's network coverage is not the best. Depending on where you live your internet problem might be more due to their network rather than your choice of a particular phone. Some people have resorted to installing a microcell in their home in order to connect their phone over their cable/DSL internet connection to get reliable phone service. But that is just one potential reason.

I am not familiar with the ZTE radiant phone, but it looks to be an AT&T offering. I wonder if AT&T has loaded extra bloatware which is causing you issues, as I have had practically no problems with stock Android or apps downloaded from google's play store. Tapatalk runs well and notifications to subscribed posts arrive quickly.

As you may know, if you touch the battery icon in the "Quick Settings Panel" it will show how much battery each application/resource is consuming, so if you suspect some application is chewing through your battery that can help you identify it so you can decide whether to delete some app or minimize its usage.

From what I hear, AT&T's network coverage is not the best. Depending on where you live your internet problem might be more due to their network rather than your choice of a particular phone. Some people have resorted to installing a microcell in their home in order to connect their phone over their cable/DSL internet connection to get reliable phone service. But that is just one potential reason.

Part of the issue is service in my area. I have full signal, but data is a joke at times. We don't have any internet at home, but the smartphones, and I would rather keep it that way.

I hate technology more. The phone I got off Amazon to replace the android was a dud. Maybe it's a sign to give it up.? My windows phone is great but my fitness pal is always broken on it.

I need an iPhone or android that will not freeze every 5 seconds, and it needs to work on att. Trust me if I had enough money to walk into a store to buy a iPhone or even a nexus 5 i would already have.

Maybe see if you can get a Moto X for free? I got mine free from Verizon when I re-upped. Took me a bit to figure things out coming from an iPhone 4, but it's worked pretty well for me.

I hated the idea of smartphones at first, but then realized it allowed me to get by without a computer and internet service.

Top Bottom