What's new

Fantasy Baseball, anyone?

There's another guy on the BST selling a homemade strop for 75 US only difference is his has a linen side on the back. I think you could charge in that range with the custom initials. Once I get it battle tested I'll know more but by looks alone you're onto something.

I picked up a beautiful, vintage, Nox-All hone for our next bet.
$uploadfromtaptalk1403059320333.jpg
Just in case you're into those.

I'm sending you a homemade hone that is chalcedony. It's chemical structure is similar to novaculite, which is what Arkansas hones are made of. This hone is pure, microcrystalline silica. I estimate it's grit rating between 10k and 12k. I found the mother rock, just outside of Yellowstone National Park. It may have been blown out of the caldera during the last eruption, or it formed in some of the lava flows. I've never honed a straight, so I want you to test a slab. You'll notice that one side is still rough from the rock saw, the other I polished flat with diamond abrasives. Use the flat side.

P.s. hone with water. There are no clays or binders in it. You will find it to be quite hard, yet abrasive.

Last edited:
I have heard of fantasy football and baseball but have no clue what it is. I assume you pick a team and a year and have the players on that team for the year then draft players. What confuses me is what players can you draft and trade. If for example I choose the 75 Reds can I only draft and trade players available in 1975 or could I load up my team with long gone players like Joe Jackson, Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth and Ted Williams? Could I draft players like Derrick Jeter who were actually in diapers at the time, or could I draft a pre-coked out Darryl Strawberry?

Not quite like that. Our league is made up of 12 B&B members, or managers. Each manager drafts a team from available 2014 MLB players. Yahoo Fantasy picks a draft order randomly, 1-12. Manager #1 then makes his first selection. Followed by manager #2, and so on. When it reaches manager #12, the order reverses till it reaches #1. Each manager has just drafted 2 players, and continues this order until his roster is full. Each week you pit your team against one of the other teams. The scoring is a weekly cumulative of 6 daily batter categories and 6 daily pitcher categories. If I win 7 categories, lose 4, and tie 1, then my record is 7-4-1 for the week and have beaten the other manager for the week. Next week I face one of the other managers. The manager with the most wins and fewest losses and ties, gets the league title at the end of the season.

So my strop is in, thought I'd show everyone Fordfathers awesome handiwork, very impressed. You guys need a strop go see him, this thing is high-quality all the way. My shaves have been much better since I got it. $uploadfromtaptalk1404440069292.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1404440095273.jpg

Top Bottom