• California Pizza Kitchen

• CiCi's

• Chuck E. Cheese's

• Godfather's

• Uno

• Other - Please Specify

• Only real NYC pizza for me

Results are only viewable after voting.
You know, with Summertime comes kids' sleepovers, more family time, parties, and a host of other reasons to order out for pizza. Unfortunately, where I live there is only 1 option for non-chain pizza. Fortunately, that option is pretty delicious (Rotolo's for those in the know). Tonight though, we've promised our 4 year old a movie night and we have some coupons for Pizza Hut.

I'd be interested to know your opinions on "Takeout" pizza. Don't tell me about your gourmet Truffle pizza with wild harvested snail shells and sprigs of dandelion that cost $43 a slice. You're ordering for the kids and you just want to pig out. Who you callin' and whatcha getting'?

Bonus points for pictures of ridiculously gourmet pizzas.

Hungry Howie's or Little Caesars. Both are cheap and fit the bill nicely. We normally order a cheese and a pepperoni, just to keep it simple. Speaking of Rotolo's there's one down the street from us which I've eye balled a couple of times. I think I may stop there tonight.

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I make my own. My other half has a gluten intolerance and we didn't find a good GF alternative so I make the dough (and the rest of the pizza). I often bake it on the Barbie during the summer so I don't bake inside my home!

I make my own. My other half has a gluten intolerance and we didn't find a good GF alternative so I make the dough (and the rest of the pizza). I often bake it on the Barbie during the summer so I don't bake inside my home!

Sounds good Luc! What do you use for the dough to avoid gluten issues?

Hungry Howie's or Little Caesars. Both are cheap and fit the bill nicely. We normally order a cheese and a pepperoni, just to keep it simple. Speaking of Rotolo's there's one down the street from us which I've eye balled a couple of times. I think I may stop there tonight.

Do it! You won't regret it! I love the cups! They'll change out their cups periodically throughout the year to reflect seasons or local sports and events/holidays. And you're free to take your cup home with you!

I've kind of gotten in to Papa Murphy's lately. Sure you have to cook it, but they're pretty darn good by themselves, and you can add your favorite ingredients for cheap.

Other than that, you will most likely order from the place that you, or the little one, likes the best. Of the choices you have listed, Godfathers would be at the top.

I've kind of gotten in to Papa Murphy's lately. Sure you have to cook it, but they're pretty darn good by themselves, and you can add your favorite ingredients for cheap.

Other than that, you will most likely order from the place that you, or the little one, likes the best. Of the choices you have listed, Godfathers would be at the top.

My inlaws do Papa Murphy's quite a bit. We don't have them here. As an alternative, you can buy the "ready to cook" pizzas from Samclub. They're... ok.

I should've added Tombstone and DiGiorno to the list. :laugh:

There's a place down the street called Marco's. Good pizza. That's usually where we go for carryout (I don't pay delivery fees unless I have NO other option). If not then probably Pizza Hut.

My inlaws do Papa Murphy's quite a bit. We don't have them here. As an alternative, you can buy the "ready to cook" pizzas from Samclub. They're... ok.

I should've added Tombstone and DiGiorno to the list. :laugh:

Don't forget Totino's. I think I've eaten my body weight a couple of time over on those things throughout the partying days LOL.

Don't forget Totino's. I think I've eaten my body weight a couple of time over on those things throughout the partying days LOL.

Oh man... don't get me started on Totino's! We can only buy them when they're 10 for $10.... cause I usually eat 2 by myself. I don't understand WHY they're so good!

I just can't bring myself to eat at any of those chains anymore. I've got a local place less than 2 miles from my house, so unless I cook it myself, thats the only to go pizza I've had in years. There are a few slightly more "gourmet" sit in places around here too. Mellow Mushroom (a Southeastern franchise) is one of our go to places to sit down and get some pizza and great beer.

We do Papa Murphy also ...

Chicken Bacon Artichoke for me and the GF ... cheese or some variation for the kids. We prefer the thin on the CBA, and actually the kids now prefer the thin as well. Crispy and yummy

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
In our house, it's
proxy.php
!

We're fond of their crust [thin], well-seasoned and tasty sauce, 3 cheese blend, [extra], and their many toppings [must have anchovies

plus extra onions & pepperoni])!
proxy.php

$Pizza Maker.jpg"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six". Yogi Berra
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom