What's new

Who Else Diggs the Micromatic?

Those Stars................Im drooling................

Here's another peak.

$Star Razors 3.jpg

I will like to add some info for you. I only own two Star LC razors. My knowledge of this model's history is a bit shaky so if I make an error I hope one of the gents on the forum will correct it. The steel handle Star razor that I posted originally came out in 1901 and it was sold for a number of years and during this time frame it was sold in slightly different incarnations.

It looks like your particular model (the Star No. 1 kit) is from the later line and was probably released in 1919(?) It will accommodate a modern single edge blade it has the same head design as the patent 1902 Star lather catcher.

I think I prefer the weight of the Micromatic series to the very early SE's like the Star and E-R, as the early ones seemed too light to me. But they look great and it's YMMV. The only one I tried had the metal handle and not the wooden one.

I've got the MMOC and Bullet Tip. Honestly I don't use the MMOC that much as it always feels like a rough as heck shave. I love the Bullet Tip however. Next year when I am out of the sabbatical I'll probably try and complete the trifecta and get a Clog-Pruf

Well its great to hear some love for the micromatics and SE razors. I think some SE edge razors, especially the micromatic get some unkind words here once in a while, which almost kept me from getting one. Im glad I ended up trying one.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I love my Micromatics. I've got the OC and the Flying Wing. Still need a Clog Pruf.

My MMOC is probably my favorite, most used razor. I've also got a Clog-Pruf and a G-Bar, as well as about 8 other DEs, SEs, and straights, but the MMOC has become my go to razor.

I get a great shave with the OCMM and I have only been traditionally shaving for 6 months.

Attachments

• $IMG_0211.jpg
    $IMG_0211.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 82
  • $IMG_0210.jpg
    $IMG_0210.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 82
I like my Gems. I've tried two Micromatics, on OC and one with a safety bar. I've also got a bullet end on the "try me" shelf. I'm looking forward to trying the older Gems as well.

Of the three major shaving formats; DE, SE & Injector, I definitely prefer shaving with an SE razor. It's the best of all worlds.

I find the Micromatics (either open comb or Clog Pruf) to be fairly mild shavers compared to other SE's. What are your guy's thoughts on that? I get a relatively similar and close shave with my ER Streamline, ER 1912 and a G-bar.... but the Micromatics seem to be milder in comparison.

Ben

I find the Micromatics (either open comb or Clog Pruf) to be fairly mild shavers compared to other SE's. What are your guy's thoughts on that? I get a relatively similar and close shave with my ER Streamline, ER 1912 and a G-bar.... but the Micromatics seem to be milder in comparison.

Ben

i dont find that the case myself, but it may just have to do with blade angle and how you personally hold it. I dont know, give it a few years and my opinion might change. I like the Micromatic because it seems a bit more aggressive to me. It glides through my beard easily. Enjoy your shave!

I love the ocmm as well. Mine is a brassed up user grade model I found in an antique store for five bucks. Out of the d e s, injectors, and straights I have tried this is my desert island razor with its heavy build and great lines. I remember the first time I used it: razor burn hell as I tried to hold it flat against my face. Thank god for youtube tho. I found a video where the user held it at an angle like a straight. Tried it. And haven't looked back.

I have a Bullet tip and a chain-link handle inbound. Expect them on Monday and can't wait. They will be great companions for my Damaskeene and Featherweight.

Love those Stars in the big photo.

Top Bottom