What's new

Show Us Your BICYCLE(S)!!!!

Well, the seatpost and handlebar bits are stock. This Cane Creek bit is (looks to be) aftermarket, but I admit I don't know what having aftermarket head tube bearings is doing for me. I'm having the bike looked over Saturday by someone in the know, so we'll see what she has to say about it.

Nice thread and pics by all.

I've two bikes for my daily commute (7 mile journey to work within London): a Brompton (foldie) and my main commuter a Vanmoof 5.7 model (see pics). The Vanmoof is a 7 speed (don't really need more gears than that in London, if you ask me). I'm not really a lycra man - I'd hate to be labelled a MAMIL (middle aged man in lycra). I just jump on, in my suit and brogues for work with raincoat tossed in the back.

The great thing about this dutch bike is, everything is integrated into the bike (and I mean everything - front, rear lights and Abus chain lock as well as wheel lock). The Abus chain lock is attached to the bike in the vertical stem between the handle bar and seat stem and pulls up. The rear crate actually blocks the integrated rear light which is just below the brooks saddle, but there is another rear light on the rack end. All lights are charged by the hub dynamo. The bike has internal hub gears, and brakes. Without the rear crate, it's a nice modern take on the dutch bike idiom. It does the job.
$P1000270.jpg$P1000274.jpg$P1000282.jpg

Last edited:
That is an incredibly interesting and practical bike, watchiekong, thank you for showing me something I had never seen before! Outstanding!

$3591469635_da6cc9c8d2_z.jpg

I still have both these bikes and ride the hell out of 'em. The pictures are a few years old. I just realized that the Litespeed below is pictured with some wheels that I wore out at least five years ago. The Colnago rides on Campy Eurus hoops. The Litespeed is currently shod with Campy Khamsins, not the Mavic Open Pros pictured. The Litespeed is on my indoor trainer, where, about a week or two ago, I managed to crack both rails on that saddle. (A sign from above that I need to lose weight???) The Colnago is ready for the road if the weather up cooperates with my unwillingness to suffer in temps below 50.

$3591469633_afcfa3f1e9_z.jpg

I don't think I've posted this in here… So here is one of my steeds. This is the first bike I have built from scratch. Found some type of Schwinn on Craigslist for $40 that had about 6 coats of paint on it and some vinyl letters that spelled schwinn. I pulled the junk components off, sanded, primed, and painted the frame. Bought a Velo wheel set and promptly removed the stickers. I was a sucker and bought some white tires (now gray). At some point this spring I'll spring for a pair of continental tires. Rebuilt the bottom bracket, put on a new crank and chain and voila! She rides like a dream, just took some getting used to never coasting, and my first couple hills were a nightmare!

$photo 2.JPG$photo 1.JPG

Cool build. I like the matte black and red color scheme. I saw a free old Motobecane by the roadside a couple of weeks ago with a sign that read, "NEEDS TLC," and I should have grabbed it for a build like that.

My short trips/errands bike, an Electra Townie. I also have panniers and a rack bag for carrying stuff, plus lights. I used to have a carbon-frame Giant with drop bars, but my hands started to go numb. The only way I could keep riding was to get something that took all the pressure off my hands.

Attachments

• $townie.jpg
    $townie.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 195
That Colnago is gorgeous. I'm riding Eurus wheels now on the Merckx and am looking to upgrade to Shamals 2 way fit, but it makes no sense for a guy my size to shave grams off a wheelset.... :)

I don't think I've posted this in here… So here is one of my steeds. This is the first bike I have built from scratch. Found some type of Schwinn on Craigslist for $40 that had about 6 coats of paint on it and some vinyl letters that spelled schwinn. I pulled the junk components off, sanded, primed, and painted the frame. Bought a Velo wheel set and promptly removed the stickers. I was a sucker and bought some white tires (now gray). At some point this spring I'll spring for a pair of continental tires. Rebuilt the bottom bracket, put on a new crank and chain and voila! She rides like a dream, just took some getting used to never coasting, and my first couple hills were a nightmare!

View attachment 406173View attachment 406175

I hope it's just the pic, but it looks like that bike has been in a nasty wreck. The fork blades appear to be going backwards from in line with the head tube. Might want to find another set of forks if that is the case. Otherwise, nice ride.

-Xander

A picture of my newest bike I got after getting home from deployment. Specialized S-Works Venge with SRAM Force and Roval CLX 60 wheels.

Attachments

• $1480769_10202447038558295_77331941_n.jpg
    $1480769_10202447038558295_77331941_n.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 135
Top Bottom