What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

Killer Women: "Some Men Need Killing" a woman is shaving a man in the shower with a disposable.

Bob's Burgers: "Bed and Breakfast" Bob shaves with a meat cleaver.

South Park: "The Coon Trilogy" Tony Hayward, CEO of BP shaves during an "I'm sorry" montage.

South Park: "The Coon Trilogy" Tony Hayward, CEO of BP shaves during an "I'm sorry" montage.

all found was this montage but no shave scenes

$vlcsnap-2014-01-15-07h18m34s69.png$vlcsnap-2014-01-15-07h19m04s115.png$vlcsnap-2014-01-15-07h19m22s17.png$vlcsnap-2014-01-15-07h19m26s63.png$vlcsnap-2014-01-15-07h19m31s114.png

Most Definitely Sean Connery in "Goldfinger" using a Gillette Adjustable Slim, although it didn't show him shaving. Rather he took a homing device out of the bottom of the razor handle, turned it on, and concealed it in a hidden compartment in the heel of his shoe.

Al Pacino in "Author Author" uses what I believe was a safety razor at the bathroom sink while talking to his adopted kids.

There was a soldier shaving by a river (can't recall who) in "Force Ten from Navarone" with either a straight or a safety.

John Denver in "Oh God" was handed a safety razor by George Burns as he told him "I just put in a new blade."

Last but not least - and I'll agree with anyone who says that this one should only half-count - George Harrison showing one of his road managers how to use a safety razor in "A Hard Day's Night" where he shaved the lathered reflection of the manager in the mirror. :)

Hope everyone enjoyed a blessed Christmas / New Year's / holiday season.

I finished seeing Author! Author! and Al Pacino does not use a razor in any of bathroom scenes......

On the first episode of this season's Sherlock on PBS, Doctor Watson is starting to shave with a cartridge razor, maybe a Fusion.

We have that shave hunt in capture.........http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Shaving_in_movies_and_television?redirect=no

• Seinfeld [1997] NBC,S8/e23: Jerry shaving his chest hairs uses a ladies pink disposable razor.--[p 87]
  • Sherlock [2013] S3/e1; Sherlock is shaved with a shavette.Watson shaves himself cartridge razor.[p157]
  • Sing off The [2013] NBC TV;s4/e6; the group Home Free get straight razor shaves.[157]
  • Sopranos (1999-2007) HBO: Uncle Junior is shaving in the shower with ATRA.
  • Star Trek Enterprise (2003) UPNS3/E9- Archer getting a straight razor shave at a barber.

We have that shave hunt in capture.........http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Shaving_in_movies_and_television?redirect=no

• Seinfeld [1997] NBC,S8/e23: Jerry shaving his chest hairs uses a ladies pink disposable razor.--[p 87]
  • Sherlock [2013] S3/e1; Sherlock is shaved with a shavette.Watson shaves himself cartridge razor.[p157]
  • Sing off The [2013] NBC TV;s4/e6; the group Home Free get straight razor shaves.[157]
  • Sopranos (1999-2007) HBO: Uncle Junior is shaving in the shower with ATRA.
  • Star Trek Enterprise (2003) UPNS3/E9- Archer getting a straight razor shave at a barber.
This is 2014 season and I only see Watson shaving, but you're right it is season 3 episode 1.

Last edited:
Hi, guys,

I don't know if this post belongs in this thread, but I was watching "Cocoon" the other night and saw Hume Cronyn's character applying aftershave or cologne before going out to a party. While he's not actually shaving, if you look carefully it appears that there's a bottle of Lilac Vegetal on his bathroom shelf, along with another Pinaud bottle (possibly Eau de Quinine) that has a darker liquid inside.

proxy.php

There are several other bottles on the shelf, but I can't make out any of the labels, and I can't really tell what is in the bottle he's using to apply lotion to his face. Can anybody else offer some input?

Have a great day!

-- Sammy

Last edited by a moderator:
"A Good Man in Africa" (1994, dir. Bruce Beresford), featuring Colin Friels, Joanne Whalley-Kilmer, John Lithgow, Louis Gossett Jr., Diana Rigg, and Sean Connery and based on the novel by William Boyd.

$good man shaving 3.jpg$good man shaving 4.jpg$good man shaving 2.jpg

I didn't go through all the posts, so they might have been mentioned already:

In "Crocodile Dundee" he's shaving with a DE, until the lady shows up, and then he pretends like he's been shaving with a Bowie knife.

In the TV miniseries "It", one of the characters is seen to have cut his wrists with a DE blade, and we see the razor on the tub.

Similar scene in "Royal Tenenbaums", where Luke Wilson's character takes a DE blade out of a razor to cut his wrist.

In the movie "Giant", we see Rock Hudson shaving with what looks to be an Aristocrat.

Disney's Peter Pan. Mr. Smee shaves Captain Hook with a straight. I saw it for the first time and rambled on for about five minutes about wondering what type of straight it would be, Mr. Smee's technique, if you could really strop a straight on a leather-soled shoe, ect. She just looked at me like I'd lost my mind. She might be right...

I have not read through this entire thread, so I am sure this one has already been said. However, I noticed it and thought I would share just in case it hasn't.
In the movie, The Wall by Pink Floyd there is a scene where he shaves himself down at 56:09 of the movie where you see a DE razor on the counter that he picks up to shave himself with.
$00001PinkFloyd.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWbI_3LLPI

Hi, guys,

I don't know if this post belongs in this thread, but I was watching "Cocoon" the other night and saw Hume Cronyn's character applying aftershave or cologne before going out to a party. While he's not actually shaving, if you look carefully it appears that there's a bottle of Lilac Vegetal on his bathroom shelf, along with another Pinaud bottle (possibly Eau de Quinine) that has a darker liquid inside.

proxy.php

There are several other bottles on the shelf, but I can't make out any of the labels, and I can't really tell what is in the bottle he's using to apply lotion to his face. Can anybody else offer some input?

Have a great day!

-- Sammy
Counts as shave related......

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not read through this entire thread, so I am sure this one has already been said. However, I noticed it and thought I would share just in case it hasn't.
In the movie, The Wall by Pink Floyd there is a scene where he shaves himself down at 56:09 of the movie where you see a DE razor on the counter that he picks up to shave himself with.
View attachment 405902

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWbI_3LLPI

William, we have a movie list so you can check for movies listed here http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Shaving_in_movies_and_television?redirect=no

• Pete Townsend [1982] This is "Face Dances Pt.2" Pete uses a DE as he shaves
  • The Wall/Pink Floyd [1979]--Bob Geldof using a DE razor- [thread 16]
  • The Today Show. Wednesday, March 23, 2013 Carson Daly gets shaved by a professional barber.---[p 118]
  • True Story of the Three Little Pigs: from YouTube Series- 1st piggy is using a DE.

My recollection is that he was using a disposable stick razor, not a DE, but I could be mistaken.

He uses both, first a reliable DE, but when he hears someone in woods he tosses the DE and picks up the crappy hardcore knife to pretend he is roughing it.

• City for Conquest (1940) Shows a close up of a mug lather and then shaving with a straight.
  • Close encounters [1977] Dreyfus shaves with a disposable in black.---[p 55]
  • Crocodile Dundee [1986] Dundee uses a De then a knife to shave.

Disney's Peter Pan. Mr. Smee shaves Captain Hook with a straight. I saw it for the first time and rambled on for about five minutes about wondering what type of straight it would be, Mr. Smee's technique, if you could really strop a straight on a leather-soled shoe, ect. She just looked at me like I'd lost my mind. She might be right...

A shave scene hunter already said it

• P
  • Popeye (1936) A Clean Shaven Man- Popeye and Bluto shave each other
  • Peter Pan (1953) Smee shaves the rear end (butt)of a seagull straight razor.--[p 48]
  • Phineas and Ferb (2011) Major Monogram who pulls out a DE in front of Agent P and with a lathered face shaves -[p 55]

He uses both, first a reliable DE, but when he hears someone in woods he tosses the DE and picks up the crappy hardcore knife to pretend he is roughing it.

• City for Conquest (1940) Shows a close up of a mug lather and then shaving with a straight.
  • Close encounters [1977] Dreyfus shaves with a disposable in black.---[p 55]
  • Crocodile Dundee [1986] Dundee uses a De then a knife to shave.

What's more amazing is that with either the razor or the knife, he's doing it without a mirror and on a completely dry face--no gel, no foam, no cream, no lather, no soap, no water!

William, we have a movie list so you can check for movies listed here http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Shaving_in_movies_and_television?redirect=no

• Pete Townsend [1982] This is "Face Dances Pt.2" Pete uses a DE as he shaves
  • The Wall/Pink Floyd [1979]--Bob Geldof using a DE razor- [thread 16]
  • The Today Show. Wednesday, March 23, 2013 Carson Daly gets shaved by a professional barber.---[p 118]
  • True Story of the Three Little Pigs: from YouTube Series- 1st piggy is using a DE.
Ah well. I tried.
:(

Anyone mentioned the adult cartoon Archer? The main character Archer is wet shaving with a straightand his new baby accidently throws his silver tip brush in the sink.

Top Bottom