What's new

What's cooking, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Well you found your way here . . . maybe by next year you will lay out some great chow for the the super bowl party you will host.

Best of luck.

incredible looking jerky! Reckoner

Dinner tonight.. FAJITAS!! . Pure Corn tortillas (GMO FREE) , with layer of sour cream and avocado cilantro lime spread (mashed up with some pink salt).

marinated a grass fed flank in: fresh orange juice and lime juice, olive oil, cracked black pepper, pink salt, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno for 2 hours . (thanks mheusler for the inspiration)

browned it in the larger pan alongside onions and bell peppers, then finished in the oven quickly to be rested. My deba then made quick work of it!!

Simple, delicious.! Only downside is I had a bit to drink , and cut the first half of the 1st piece WITH the grain. So the first tortillas was chewy :blush:

as i was chewing i was like "wow my jaws getting weak". Was pretty funny, took down the rest of the meat in minutes after i realized :lol:

Oh and for the cast iron heads pans used are griswolds 14 and 5

Pictures!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Adam: That steak looks amazing (I think I should have steak soon, myself).

All the steaks, fajitas, meatballs, jerky, and sausages are amazing (apologies if I missed anything). This thread is always full of inspiration. I promised a photo of my bacon chop (with some potato salad, I had already taken a bite when I thought 'I should probably get a photo').

Sorry, the plate's a bit untidy:
$P1010053.JPG

The difference between this and a pork chop is that it is a cured bit of pork and I have let it dry out a bit (to concentrate the flavours for bacon) and it is dryer and firmer in texture than a loin chop of course. Quite flavourful and tasty, though. Perhaps a hint of smoke on the next batch would be nice.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
incredible looking jerky! Reckoner

Dinner tonight.. FAJITAS!! . Pure Corn tortillas (GMO FREE) , with layer of sour cream and avocado cilantro lime spread (mashed up with some pink salt).

marinated a grass fed flank in: fresh orange juice and lime juice, olive oil, cracked black pepper, pink salt, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno for 2 hours . (thanks mheusler for the inspiration)

browned it in the larger pan alongside onions and bell peppers, then finished in the oven quickly to be rested. My deba then made quick work of it!!

Simple, delicious.! Only downside is I had a bit to drink , and cut the first half of the 1st piece WITH the grain. So the first tortillas was chewy :blush:

as i was chewing i was like "wow my jaws getting weak". Was pretty funny, took down the rest of the meat in minutes after i realized :lol:

Oh and for the cast iron heads pans used are griswolds 14 and 5

Pictures!

proxy.php

proxy.php
[/QUOTE]

In my neck of the woods, we have a name for a guy who slices his steak with a deba-

a tough guy! :thumbup1:

Adam: That steak looks amazing (I think I should have steak soon, myself).

All the steaks, fajitas, meatballs, jerky, and sausages are amazing (apologies if I missed anything). This thread is always full of inspiration. I promised a photo of my bacon chop (with some potato salad, I had already taken a bite when I thought 'I should probably get a photo').

View attachment 306037

The difference between this and a pork chop is that it is a cured bit of pork and I have let it dry out a bit (to concentrate the flavours for bacon) and it is dryer and firmer in texture than a loin chop of course. Quite flavourful and tasty, though. Perhaps a hint of smoke on the next batch would be nice.

lovely looking crust on that!! :)

and @ ouch, that was hilarious!!!

Had a crazy superbowl feast. All homemade, dough, tomato sauce from '12 garden. So, a pepperoni roll, Chicago deep dish pizza, French onion soup, 1/2 rack of ribs, and a new dish we just saw on triple D, aroncini, which is a mixture of meatballs, risotto, and mozzerella, shaped into a large ball, then rolled in seasoned bread crumbs and deep fried. Wow! Are they good.

adam: That steak looks amazing (i think i should have steak soon, myself).

All the steaks, fajitas, meatballs, jerky, and sausages are amazing (apologies if i missed anything). This thread is always full of inspiration. I promised a photo of my bacon chop (with some potato salad, i had already taken a bite when i thought 'i should probably get a photo').

View attachment 306037

the difference between this and a pork chop is that it is a cured bit of pork and i have let it dry out a bit (to concentrate the flavours for bacon) and it is dryer and firmer in texture than a loin chop of course. Quite flavourful and tasty, though. Perhaps a hint of smoke on the next batch would be nice.

so jealous!!!

Grass Fed Rib eye... id describe the rest of the stuff but its been done multiple times in this thread already! lol

I love a nice crust on a steak!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Just trying a few things . . . using stuff from my pantry differently.

$bits and bites.jpg
Fusilli salad with fried grape tomatoes and red peppers and a whole mess of Italian spice and crumbled feta.

$bits and bites-3.jpg

My wife couldn't wait (I was making beef curry and rice) this was her meal. The green salad is Quinoa (white and black), Israeli couscous, and arugula salad with mango juice with a bit of lemon dressing. I used the cast iron pan to brown the beef for my curry . . . then a pressure cooker. Sorry no pics as I was walking my dog as quickly as possible to get back to this.

Just trying a few things . . . using stuff from my pantry differently.

View attachment 306747
Fusilli salad with fried grape tomatoes and red peppers and a whole mess of Italian spice and crumbled feta.

View attachment 306751

My wife couldn't wait (I was making beef curry and rice) this was her meal. The green salad is Quinoa (white and black), Israeli couscous, and arugula salad with mango juice with a bit of lemon dressing. I used the cast iron pan to brown the beef for my curry . . . then a pressure cooker. Sorry no pics as I was walking my dog as quickly as possible to get back to this.

curry !!! always a winner

Walking around the market i found some very fresh Baja Shrimps , net caught , that were too lovely to pass up so i grabbed up a pound and a half for tonights curry. This particular curry is a martinique style coconut milk curry. Ground up my curry powder consisting of: garlic, turmeric, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, chilli and added some pink salt and cubeb pepper.

De veining the shrimp didnt take too long, thank fully , fried them up lightly in the spice base, added coconut milk and some shrimp stock which i made from the shells by boiling them for 30 minutes or so. few sprigs of thyme for fragrance as well and some tamarind to finish it off (For sourness), served it on brown rice with a side of roasted zuchinni.

Curry powder ground up

proxy.php

Shells after stock was made

proxy.php

Stock

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Wonderful shrimp dish Talal. Goodness did you make cookies Steve or did you just eat the dough?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Talal . . . when you say market you mean the St. Lawrence market? I've not been there for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom