What's new

Which Semogue?

This will be my first brush and I've decided to go with a Semogue based off good reviews on here and the price also appeals to me. This will be an all around brush that I plan to face lather with, unless my face doesn't handle face lathering well. It will also be used with both soaps and creams. I'm trying to decide between the 830, 620, and of course I can't rule out the 1305. I want something that will stand up to soaps but won't rough my face up to bad (that's why I included the 830 and 620). As far as looks are concerned, I especially like the handle of the 830 but all are very handsome and it doesn't make a difference either way.

I was trying to decide between the 1305 and the 830, and went for the 1305 due to the "all-around" nature of most reviews I saw. From the many reviews I've ran across, all three seem to be solid choices. I think I'll be getting the 830 next, mainly due to the handle. :001_cool:

Go for the 830 or the 620 because of the acrylic handle. I personally own a 1305 and although it is a good performing brush, the handle is painted and tends to easily chip.

I have an 830 as well as a few other Semogue brushes. It is honestly my favorite of them, and IMO it fits what you are looking for exactly.

BTW, I admit I dont have much experience with differing boar brands besides Omega and Semogue and TGN, but in all honestly I've never had a scritchy/scratchy/rough/uncomfortable boar brush and it baffles me why they have this reputation!

Honestly imo you cannot go wrong with any Semogue brush. Without a doubt if you know for a fact you will be face lathering 620 is a beast and my best performer for face lathering soaps. Unfortunately when it comes to bowl lathering I don't enjoy using it as much. The 1305 is very versatile and can be used for both face and bowl lathering and comes at a great price for what you get. The handle is build VERY ergonomically and I mostly use for my bowl lathering days (I always reach for the 620 for face lathering). Finally 1460 is the cheapest of the three but don't let that deter you from it. This is another great brush at a VERY reasonable price... Plus she's a blond!

Based on a low budget ($15 to low $20's) you cannot go wrong with any of these. Personally starting off I would stay away from the 620 and look for a more versatile brush. Try both face and bowl lathering, you never know which you might like more. Trust me your brush inventory will build from there anyway.

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
In my opinion you cannot go wrong with any Semogue brush. At the moment pull the trigger one the one that "inspires" you more for shape and handle design. If you'll like it, you'll add many more...

As others have said, you can't go wrong regardless of what model you choose.

My vote goes to the 830, from the description of what you're looking for, I think that'd be a great choice. It has the same knot as the famous 1305, but with an acrylic handle...which will eliminate chipping.

You could go with any of them and I think you'd be very happy. I think the 1305 is the best all-around brush but any of them would be great. My advice is that you just pick the one you really want. You won't be disappointed.

Like Marco said, just pick one that inspires you based on the handle design etc.
You really cannot go wrong with any of them.

My vote goes to the 830, from the description of what you're looking for, I think that'd be a great choice. It has the same knot as the famous 1305, but with an acrylic handle...which will eliminate chipping.

Actually, I'm pretty certain it's the same knot but it's more densely packed then the 1305.

1460 , 1470 , soc .. try vintage scent they have the best prices on boar brushes

This is very true! One thing I feel should be mentioned about them though, is that it takes longer to receive your order, as much as 2 weeks, and its sent Signature Confirmation, so you have to be home to sign for it or drive to the PO to pick it up. Not a criticism, just a fact that should be kept in mind when ordering.

All of the Semogue brushes are winners.

The 3 you picked are the top favorites with B&B members

I've been face lathering with my 830 and I'm surprised at how soft it is and I've probably only used it a dozen times or so. It is unquestionably the best bang for the buck brush I've purchased.

If you look hard at the site right now there's one you might not want to miss out on. That's about all I can say about that.:wink2:

Top Bottom