What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creed - Green Irish Tweed.

Me too. On this most Irish of days, great minds seem to be thinking alike!

proxy.php

Salvador Dali, Salvador, in the black bottle. Read about it in basenotes and it seemed so sinister and twisted ......and it definitley does not smell like anyone you know. Its as if Thierry Mugler's Angel Men went to the wrong side of the town and hung out in a dungeon with musty tobacco. There's some coffee, chocolate and vanilla, but there is some mustiness and something evil like old wet cigars. Why smell like anyone else?

A lot of times I wear Demeter's Dirt and Demeter's thunderstorm sprayed on together. It reminds me of the town I am from on Hawaii. Aiea has rain, like everyday, and after the rain, the earth smells so nice and clean and its just evocative of a happier time. Its quite light, Demeter's scents (they make glue, play doh, cookies, rain, tomato, gin and tonic, earth worm, etc...)

In a town wear everyone smells like Aqua d Geewhiz and sweat, I just want my own smell. And it doesn't rain much in Texas and the earth here just smells like dust and cow****, so I get a lot of interest when I wear Dirt and Thunderstorm. Its my daytime smell. Unlike Salvador Dali, no one has ever found this scent reprehensible.

Oriscent - Royal Kinam

I asked my 9 y/o son to describe this scent. He said "it smells woody," then he said "it smells like honey." And then he said, "it smells like Central Park in Spring." :001_smile
proxy.php

Last edited:
Salvador Dali, Salvador, in the black bottle. Read about it in basenotes and it seemed so sinister and twisted ......and it definitley does not smell like anyone you know. Its as if Thierry Mugler's Angel Men went to the wrong side of the town and hung out in a dungeon with musty tobacco. There's some coffee, chocolate and vanilla, but there is some mustiness and something evil like old wet cigars. Why smell like anyone else?

A lot of times I wear Demeter's Dirt and Demeter's thunderstorm sprayed on together. It reminds me of the town I am from on Hawaii. Aiea has rain, like everyday, and after the rain, the earth smells so nice and clean and its just evocative of a happier time. Its quite light, Demeter's scents (they make glue, play doh, cookies, rain, tomato, gin and tonic, earth worm, etc...)

In a town wear everyone smells like Aqua d Geewhiz and sweat, I just want my own smell. And it doesn't rain much in Texas and the earth here just smells like dust and cow****, so I get a lot of interest when I wear Dirt and Thunderstorm. Its my daytime smell. Unlike Salvador Dali, no one has ever found this scent reprehensible.

This is a line I've heard quite a bit about, both good and bad things, but haven't yet explored. I like your description, and it makes me want to check it out - again.

Oriscent - Royal Kinam

I asked my 9 y/o son to describe this scent. He said "it smells woody," then he said "it smells like honey." And then he said, "it smells like Central Park in Spring." :001_smile
proxy.php

That is AWESOME!

He didn't say it smells like the Hundred Acre Woods? ("woody" + "honey" = Winnie the Pooh?)

Just about to sign out, actually, but today was my daughter's first birthday and we had a lot of family over. I chose something regal and unique - I chose Jubilation XXV. It is absolutely my favorite Amouage perfume and every time I wear it I ask myself if it's better than Tribute or Homage. I don't think that's fair but somethings I think maybe it is. One of these days Amouage is going to make a parfum strength Jubi XXV (just last year they released the women's version, Jubi 25, it's only a matter of time!). Fruity, smoky resinous incense and woods - what's not to love?

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom