What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

I have a few that size and smaller. I actually like using them a lot. It also is a cheap way to try different veins.

I have a #3 bout, it was sold from TSS as a slurry stone,in LV that I use from time to time. You just have to work slower.

Here is a shot of mine when it was new. Next session I will get some down and dirty pics of it. Got it from Jarrod. He told me it is most likely a Dressante, and from experience it is of the harder variety.

Jon

Attachments

• $Coticule.jpg
    $Coticule.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 245
shakin_jake, so YOU got that stone! I was casting an envious glance at it only to notice it had been sold. That in my mind was an excellent buy of a small stone that is extremely usable and desireable.

Nice catch.

I ordered mine today and it was his last one he said. I paid about $350 and its a chunky stone.My last La Veinette was about 2/3 as thick in the yellow at the thickest areas. This one is nice and even also. I am ok with it relatively speaking.

Just took a gamble on an ebay stone. Looks like a coticule to me, but also has a possibly suspicious line at one corner, hoping it's not cracked.

Thoughts?

I'll post up more pics when it arrives.

Attachments

• $ebay.jpg
    $ebay.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 219
I may be cracked but still quite usable even so. Great score. In a best case scenario that is a manganese line that is completely harmless and usually an indicator of a faster stone.

I ordered mine today and it was his last one he said. I paid about $350 and its a chunky stone.My last La Veinette was about 2/3 as thick in the yellow at the thickest areas. This one is nice and even also. I am ok with it relatively speaking.

looks very nice stone looks like kosher grade its realy pure surface ..hope it works well for you....

Don't forget to mention the vintage coticule from in the mail too. You sound like me a few weeks ago. It gets overwhelming when they all show up at the same time.

I am sorry Matt. I had not forgot about your vintage. I was speaking of stones I bought. It was very gracious of you to loan me one until the one that is lost in the mail shows up and Thank you very kindly good Sir!

Top Bottom