What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bond No.9 New Haarlem

+1 Catching up late on the January Spotlight Fragrance.

proxy.php

Atelier Bois Blonds

$51004.jpg

Perfect for a Spring-like day. Feb 1? Feels more like May 1!

From luckyscent.com: "Bois Blonds has the highest concentration of the Atelier line— at 20%, its lasting power is considerable. An unusual hybrid of woody and fresh that is deeply satisfying." Okay, Luckyscent. Not unusual at all, but this is a very pleasant take on the popular citrus-woods cologne theme. Notes include Tunisian neroli, pink pepper, Moroccan orange flower, incense, light wood, musk, and Haitian vetiver.

Another day that includes much windshield time with coworkers so nothing too funky or too strong. Decided against the Jan and Feb spotlights and went with LIDGE. Everyone likes cocoa, right?

+1 Catching up late on the January Spotlight Fragrance.

proxy.php

Me too. Bond 9 New Haarlem today. The creamy vanilla with a bit of cocoa I pick up reminded me a bit of A*Men (without the mildew) and Animale Animale (but less synthetic and with better note separation). I swear I pick up a bit of immortelle in this as well. Also a nice coffee note, with a very nice, brief lavender at the opening. Overall a bit on the sweet side for me to love, but I would rate it a definite like and one of the better "gourmand" type fragrances I've tried.

Idaina Dento
by Agar Aura

ginger, spices, herbs, aged Mysore sandalwood oil, pink lotus, vanilla, Indian papyrus, and Vietnamese oud

Jeez, might as well start calling this the house of MIdas, everything is divine! It's not very strongly incense as much as it is a combination of things that have the effect of filling the space around with wonderful smells, like incense does. Spicy, woody and leathery is what I got for a long time, almost gingery/peppery at moments, with periods of light florals, then a slightly animalic creamy note that was obviously sandalwood. The sandalwood and oud combination was perfect. Golden!

proxy.php

Idaina Dento
by Agar Aura

ginger, spices, herbs, aged Mysore sandalwood oil, pink lotus, vanilla, Indian papyrus, and Vietnamese oud

Jeez, might as well start calling this the house of MIdas, everything is divine! It's not very strongly incense as much as it is a combination of things that have the effect of filling the space around with wonderful smells, like incense does. Spicy, woody and leathery is what I got for a long time, almost gingery/peppery at moments, with periods of light florals, then a slightly animalic creamy note that was obviously sandalwood. The sandalwood and oud combination was perfect. Golden!

I love, love, love this stuff. It was a blind, full (3ml) bottle buy, and definitely calls to mind quality Japanese incense.

Golden indeed! :thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom