What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Vintage Longines today.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Broken 1987 Citizen today (office door in the wind) :cursing:

Don't know if it can be fixed

Sigh

i know what ya mean the cardinal kicked the bucket yesterday. it might decide to move the second hand for maybe 15 seconds at a time like twice a day. so i had to go find my uncles old timex. initial thoughts... it feels unsubstantial its too light.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Stocker& yale, have sold no less than 50 of them, were enexpensive when avalable
very cool tritium tubes for night,
AKA, desert storm watch, was issue back then.

Very cool.:thumbup: Who is the maker of the watch?

Hey Chris:

It's a Marathon type 2 mechanical. It was an issue watch and pretty has only sentimental value any more as its tritium tubes are pretty faded, it doesn't hack and the issue band barely fits around my wrist.

There was a close cousin company (sorry about the alliteration there) called Stocker and Yale, who made very similar watches. I don't know if Stocker is still in the game but Marathon is still making a number of very cool military timepieces, including the SAR, GSAR, MSAR, TSAR, JSAR and the holy of holies, the CSAR.

CSAR:

http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/05/16/marathon-csar-video-review-watch-nerdery/

Regards,

- John

Last edited:
In the late 80s the canadian Gov. put out bids for the SAR watch (search and rescue, can, coast gaurd)
They wanted a Quartz proto my watch buds sent them the above watch,High grade Rhonda movement, 5mm crystal, case was all hand made, a one off watch, still wear it today.
proxy.php

Thx, they did not get the contract but it was fun, I sold my last mech. SAR when the ebay prices went off the wall, I do have some bracelet links if you know of anyone that has a need.

Last edited:
Thx, we did not get the contract but it was fun, I sold my last mech. SAR when the ebay prices went off the wall, I do have some bracelet links if you know of anyone that has a need.

I will keep it in mind. My Marathons were all issue (all two of them). Links and such are always useful. :thumbup1:

Are you affiliated with Countycomm by any chance?

Thx John
I will not ship watches to canada either, is sad but had two tied up in customs for months.
The rules are funny, if you send a watch to the U.S for repair, I can send it back to you no problem.
Is some sort of extra tax i think canada wants to collect from the buyer.
Also I found out the hard way about when filling out the export papers you do not fudge and say the watch is going back after a repair, we lost a 3K watch that way and I got a really nasty letter about it.

Top Bottom