What's new

Straight Razors and Movies

Well,

I thought it would be interesting starting a post listing all "great" movies with straight razor shaving scenes, my contribution, right on top of my head:

Last Tango in Paris
The Leopard
Bitter Moon

The Bitter Moon shave is obviously fake (Peter Coyote is using a completely wrong shaving hangle), even though I am sure none of them was shaving with a real straight, but were already clean shaven and were "merely" pretending to be shaving...

For DE shaves, I would use a separate post in case...

The guy in GATACA shaves with a straight, but he's holding it at 90 degrees to the skin :eek:
I like the scene in Dracula when he shaves, it's a little different to the book but cool all the same.

That's right! I had forgotten about Dracula!

There is a movie where Clint Eastwood is shaving with a Straight, which one is it? I cannot remember....maybe High Plains Drifter, or Unforgiven...?

I've never seen The Leopard, although I've read the book (I'm assuming this is the same story).

I read yesterday that Tim Burton is currently filming Sweeney Todd starring Johnny Depp. I would imagine that straight razors might make an appearance in that film.
:biggrin:

Not a movie, but there was the brief use of a straight razor as a weapon in last week's episode of "The Unit".

M

modern man

El Topo (perhaps the sickest movie ever made).

The priest ride into the sunset with a midget and her newborn baby?

Thats nothing, You have not seen Combat Shock or Freaks or, or..........

F

firebox

Definitely Key Largo. " that was a close shave.... closer than he got from Angel"

Top Bottom