What's new

Axe is crap

I will have to agree with Omnichron. Axe products are crap, they don't smell good and you can find a decent old spice scent that is ten times better then axe.IMO :glare:

Axe smells like blood, tears, and teenage angst. Don't even get me started...and now all of those stores like abercrombie have their own version, just about need a military gas mask to walk by the darned store fronts, not that I can be seen at a mall...ever

I will have to agree with Omnichron. Axe products are crap, they don't smell good and you can find a decent old spice scent that is ten times better then axe.IMO :glare:

I'm not even sold on the new permutations of Old Spice. Smells just like Axe or any other cheap "IFF Scent # 4532" to me.

My mother worked for IFF many moons ago, and told me about how they would just sell banks of fragrances to cosmetics companies. If they found one or two they liked, they needed to purchase a pile of others along with it or no deal. I often wonder if those "spare scents" aren't what ends up as Axe or the latest Old Spice Bodywash.

Last edited:
I agree, though I don't go to the gym without it. Next time you are in the store smell Axe Twist. It has a strong citrus smell and dries to a clean soap smell. When you are filthy and sweaty in the gym it keeps the flies away.

So does a quick shower.:001_cool:

AXE smells cheap and desperate. There's some loser at my gym who i swear takes a bath in that stuff. Smells like a french whore on nickel night!

The popularity of Axe can be attributed to the susceptibility of advertising on the teenage population. The ads tell the girls they are supposed to like it so they do and the ads tell the guys it will get them lots of girls if they bathe in it so they do. The more affluent of this crowd are the target for the AOS special fusion with a flashlight. The only thing that gives me hope is the knowledge that they are not all like this and we do indeed have some younger members on B&B.

Axe (Lynx over here) is horrendous stuff! It just smells of chemicals. Their shower gels smell half reasonable but are so gunky & oily that you feel dirty after using it.
It's like Apple products, great marketing selling a sub-standard product at a price well beyond it's worth.

ha ha explain why it costs £140 for an 8GB Ipod touch and only £80 for a creative zen with the same specs? When people refer to mp3 players by your product name, you know you have excellent marketing!

ha ha explain why it costs £140 for an 8GB Ipod touch and only £80 for a creative zen with the same specs? When people refer to mp3 players by your product name, you know you have excellent marketing!

Excellent marketing, a better looking product, and a superior user interface allow them to set their price as they like. Being essentially the driving force behind the entire mp3 player market has it's benefits too.

I've spent the last 15 years dissecting and repairing PC's and Macs both, and there is nothing "sub standard" about Apple's stuff. It's mostly the same stuff as goes into PC's actually.

This is completely off-topic though, so please just choose your weapon, we'll pick our seconds, and then we can settle this matter properly on the field of honor.

to be fair to Apple - when your 8G iPod Touch breaks down after three months' use they will fix it for free :biggrin1:

The only thing great about Axe are the commercials they come up with.
Great ads :thumbup:

Kind of like budweiser...good commercials, not a fan of the product. One would need great commercials to push this type of product off of the shelf, no? How else would people be so sold on it? It can't be the way it smells...

I dont think Axe products are all that bad...

The one axe scent I like is essence (the one with the dragon and unicorn on it haha). The deoderant is great.

My wife and I are both pretty picky about fragrances and the Axe Fusion antiperspirant/deodorant is one product that we both can easily agree on. It is what I use most of the time.

The body spray commercials and smells are for the most part ridiculous though!

My wife and I are both pretty picky about fragrances and the Axe Fusion antiperspirant/deodorant is one product that we both can easily agree on. It is what I use most of the time.

The body spray commercials and smells are for the most part ridiculous though!

I've got my eye on you Wiggins... Trying to steal my identity...:sneaky2::001_tt2:

Top Bottom