What's new

Wolfman WR4 issue

After waiting for four months I received my wr4 and I found out issue the front of the blade wasn't fully clamped and my friend's wr4 have the same issue which is supposed to be an issue with the design of the back end.
I have to put something on the back end to make the front blade to clamped full.
durdan and hawk not have issue like it

1712664846724.jpeg
1712664996948.jpeg
1712665017050.jpg
1712665027416.jpeg
1712665035565.jpeg

[用户=142542]@WuChangXD[/用户]
你和詹姆斯分享过吗?截至今天,其中有相当多的流通,但您似乎只有 2 个有问

@WuChangXD
Have you shared this with James? There are quite a few of these in circulation as of today yet you seem to have the only 2 that have a problem and no one else has reported such...
@muzichead seems no one cares about blade clamp, but I do and I wasn't able to contact James directly and tara asked me to return it, but I'm not in Canada and I don't want to go through the long wait again, so I'm asking for confirmation here

Ditto, if you have shared, has James offered replacement, repair?
@DesertIguana I sent hi-res photos to tara to pass on to james, however he only repeated for me to send razor head back for inspection,so I'm trying to figure out if this is a design flaw or a manufacturing flaw, and if he was originally designed this way I don't think sending it back for inspection will help. I'm far from Canada.

I'd imagine it's a manufacturing problem. It looks like the workpiece wasn't stress relieved properly prior to machining. After removing material during the machining process, the finished part moved due to the residual stresses that became unequalized because of the removed material. It happens. I'm sure James will correct the issue.

I just looked at my WR4 and it doesn’t have this issue. And I’m sure James wouldn’t ask you to return it to him if this was as intended. It doesn’t seem to be a design issue, but James would have to inspect it to be sure what caused the problem.
@Mr. Shavington Thanks for the reply, could you try putting the wr4 on a monitor with a white background to watch the clamping? Or press the blade with your fingernail to see if it moves, please be careful. This will make it more accurate

I'd imagine it's a manufacturing problem. It looks like the workpiece wasn't stress relieved properly prior to machining. After removing material during the machining process, the finished part moved due to the residual stresses that became unequalized because of the removed material. It happens. I'm sure James will correct the issue.
@tube_guy Thanks for the reply, I've considered processing as the cause .
I noticed the issue and asked my owns wr4 friend , then he said he noticed it on his wr4 last year but he didn't care about it, so I suspected it was something else.

@muzichead seems no one cares about blade clamp, but I do and I wasn't able to contact James directly and tara asked me to return it, but I'm not in Canada and I don't want to go through the long wait again, so I'm asking for confirmation here
So it would seem this should've been stated a little more clearly as in, your friend doesn't care, and not others that own a WR4.
He has 1. The other one is not his and belongs to a friend.
Even if he did own both, it's still a legit question to ask if anyone else has had the issue.
Yes, I should've been more clear and posted him and his friend are the 2 he was referring to. Thanks...
@DesertIguana I sent hi-res photos to tara to pass on to james, however he only repeated for me to send razor head back for inspection,so I'm trying to figure out if this is a design flaw or a manufacturing flaw, and if he was originally designed this way I don't think sending it back for inspection will help. I'm far from Canada.
I'm thinking at this point you've had a few that have pointed out they've not had the same problem as you so it would seem its more of a Mfg and not a design problem. I would think if you want any kind of resolution here from James is to send it back to him so he has an opportunity to inspect, repair, or replace the item to correct the situation.

Just from my eye looking back at your pics the back side of the top cap looks like there wasn't enough material machined and it is causing the effect we see in the pic but, I know nothing about the machining process on the WR4 and don't actually have one so there is that!!

This is a pic I found from someone else on another forum and neither has the problem you are experiencing and shows the top cap and base plate on the back side are equal thickness, at least to my untrained eye...
WR4.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The shipping costs are at issue here, I think.... But my guess is as others have posted: the only way to resolve the situation is to get the razor back to James so he can inspect it... He'll either fix or replace it, I'm sure, if this is a manufacturing problem.

The shipping costs are at issue here, I think.... But my guess is as others have posted: the only way to resolve the situation is to get the razor back to James so he can inspect it... He'll either fix or replace it, I'm sure, if this is a manufacturing problem.

So I do not know shipping costs of return postage to Canada, but I would bet they are less, then scrapping Razor or just shelving and not using.

Sadly USPS Postage, UPS, FedX, and courier ever State to State in USA is out of control, and now FUEL is going up again. So shipping costs will follow.

Guess it comes down to cost of return postage, v/s eating the Razor cost, because it is unsafe, unusable.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
So I do not know shipping costs of return postage to Canada, but I would bet they are less, then scrapping Razor or just shelving and not using.

Sadly USPS Postage, UPS, FedX, and courier ever State to State in USA is out of control, and now FUEL is going up again. So shipping costs will follow.

Guess it comes down to cost of return postage, v/s eating the Razor cost, because it is unsafe, unusable.
I believe the OP lives outside the US... Asia, perhaps? Shipping costs would be a lot more, one would think, from Asia to Canada. I don't see another alternative, however.

If it was or is a Mfg defect James should pay freight both directions to correct it...

I agree about what you think James should do. But it James business, so it is his problem to deal with.

Many years ago a Cigar Smoker dropped his Cigar Cutter into his barbecue,from shirt pocket.

Cutter had lifetime warranty, hesent in to company, with honest letter about why Cutter was burned to crisp.

Company replaced with new Cutter, put burnt cutter on social media, with photo. Saying customer got free replacement.

Good PR Advertising move.

So it would seem this should've been stated a little more clearly as in, your friend doesn't care, and not others that own a WR4.

Yes, I should've been more clear and posted him and his friend are the 2 he was referring to. Thanks...

I'm thinking at this point you've had a few that have pointed out they've not had the same problem as you so it would seem its more of a Mfg and not a design problem. I would think if you want any kind of resolution here from James is to send it back to him so he has an opportunity to inspect, repair, or replace the item to correct the situation.

Just from my eye looking back at your pics the back side of the top cap looks like there wasn't enough material machined and it is causing the effect we see in the pic but, I know nothing about the machining process on the WR4 and don't actually have one so there is that!!

This is a pic I found from someone else on another forum and neither has the problem you are experiencing and shows the top cap and base plate on the back side are equal thickness, at least to my untrained eye...
View attachment 1826981
Here's a picture without the blade installed, at this point it's normal.

Attachments

• IMG_20240331_225945.jpg
    IMG_20240331_225945.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 23
Top Bottom