What's new

Blades that feel similar to Gillette Nacet or Gillette Platinum

I've been buying Nacet blades off eBay from a Jordanian seller. It takes a month to arrive in the USA, but no issues at all.
I've been buying Nacet blades off eBay from a Jordanian seller. It takes a month to arrive in the USA, but no issues at all.
My local shaving store (half hour drive) still has made in Russia Nacets for $16.99 per 100… are you paying a lot less than that to get them so far away?

They also have free shipping over $35.

Perma-sharp blades for belong on the list for sure. I see several mentions of Bic Chrome Platinum here but I’ll have to disagree. The Bic blades haven’t worked for me in any of the razors I’ve used. But that’s just for me personally.

I do love hearing some blades to some are very close and yet my experience is I did not like those blades at all and found them not even close :)

I do know when I had various razors each one liked certain blades a bit more than others so to say each razor had a best blade
that said of my top 5 it was more just which order those top 5 came in at :)

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
This may or may not help(not a good start, I know).

I recently learned that my #1 blade: Astra Superior Platinum, is now made in India.

I asked for feedback on a new blade without trying the Astra SP made in India. Those who did mentioned that it’s very similar, maybe even sharper.

Instead of buying a small sample, I went overboard and got a lot of blades. Many made in Russia. So, that’s maybe not the right move…

I got a lot of blades outside Russia. That’s where it might help. Like a good gambler, I got blades that are made all over the place. So, while I will probably be done when all these blades go out of production. I hope that I will be able to buy a few of the ones I like.

I have a second parcel in the mail so there will be more: Luc DE Blades Review Project - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/luc-de-blades-review-project.650668/

Good luck in finding something that you like!

I personally find Derby to be dull. In blade sharpness tests posted online by several reviewers they are at the bottom, confirming my experience. I think in an overly aggressive razor they could be a good match.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I personally find Derby to be dull. In blade sharpness tests posted online by several reviewers they are at the bottom, confirming my experience. I think in an overly aggressive razor they could be a good match.
The Premiums are much sharper than the old Extras - those were one step above using tweezers. I don't find them quite sharp enough. I haven't used the Greens in quite a while, but they reminded me of Gillette 7 O'clock greens (sharp edge?) - smooth, but not quite sharp enough.

Top Bottom