What's new

Peaky blinders original

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Its was my birthday yesterday and wife got me this ive wanted one for so long. I'm not sure anyone of you know TV show but I just had to show this

20210307_214633.jpg
20210307_214601.jpg

Attachments

• 16151539341721379661054952868085.jpg
    16151539341721379661054952868085.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
A blade in the peak. They would swipe the blade across the face in a fight, hence Peaky Blinders. Glamourised by TV not nice in reality.
Back in London during the 60’s we would put a blade sandwiched in the sole of a shoe or boot. Stupid when I think about it.

F1B7496B-466C-4D34-96B9-844C520E9354.jpeg

my Great Grandfather in the middle at the back.
Forget the Peaky Blinders beware the Millwall Dockers.

Last edited:

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
A blade in the peak. They would swipe the blade across the face in a fight, hence Peaky Blinders. Glamourised by TV not nice in reality.
Back in London during the 60’s we would put a blade sandwiched in the sole of a shoe or boot. Stupid when I think about it.

View attachment 1233706
my Great Grandfather in the middle at the back.
Forget the Peaky Blinders beware the Millwall Dockers.
Thats a great picture and Millwall where always to be feared even to this present day. They got one of the best firms in football/soccer if not THE best

Lefonque

Family have followed Millwall since the club was founded. A family member was the first up on a doco made many years ago. In the 20s and beyond they would have to bring in more police if Millwall lost because of the domestic violence. Not always a proud history. I have lived in Australia since the early 1970s. I prefer more gentlemanly pursuits now days.

Lefonque

Back to the cap. It looks really good especially for cooler days. I really like this one. Great pick up. Happy Birthday.

Nice hat.

Their boots are nice as well. Well made Goodyear welted boots. I am going to buy a pair or two if VAT is deducted off the prices.
I cannot find the boots. Anything close to what I am guessing you are talking about is in euros or something. Is this a NON american type item? I am currently looking at a cap toe in either the Thursday boot company or Wolverine 1000 mile cap toe of corse. I feel like the "peaky blinder" would be similar.

Top Bottom