What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

IMG_3831.JPG

G'day all.
Had a "Magic" (double ristretto, made into short flat white) with an orange and date biscotti on the side, and made a latte for my mother.
Later on, I wanted to practice and try out my new small aluminium phin, so I ground and brewed 8 grams of medium roast mystery beans from the supermarket. I think too much for this small a brewer (which only holds about 60ml of water, plus about a 30ml bloom), and the wrong roast.

IMG_3832.jpg
IMG_3835.JPG

Afterwards I brewed a cup for my brother with the darkest roast we have open, some Skybury house blend french press preground, about 6 grams.

IMG_3838.JPG

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul. French press. Black.

It's 75° in Music City right now with a high around 91° today. Cloudy with a slight chance of showers this afternoon. Only 5 hours of sleep last night but I don't think I woke up once, so not bad. The GF and I got to catch up yesterday evening. It was great after not seeing each other for almost 2 weeks. Due to a lot of Mühle R41 talk in the "Journals and Diaries" my R41 is out and ready to go for tomorrow's shave. Not sure what blade I'm going to pair with it this time around. I'm leaning toward a Lord Silver Star or a Treet 7 Days Platinum.

Have a blessed Tuesday, crew.

Today's brew (same as yesterday's brew): Happy Mug Coffee (Erie, PA) - Rwanda Anaerobic Process beans using the Stagg XF with the Stagg XF filter (for a larger dose) and Flair Pro dispersion screen.

This was the last of the beans of this type, so I just made a larger brew to finish it off. I debated going with the Kalita 185 brewer but I had not tried these beans with that brewer before and didn't want to risk finishing the bag on a potentially bad note. I just went with good setup I already tried with these beans (just upped the dose).

My mate came around today for coffee, so I gifted him his phin (and a tin of condensed milk of course), showed him how to use it, brewed some and ground the coffee he was given in Vietnam for him.
The coffee was an espresso blend, I think of dark roast robusta and some lighter roast arabica, it was very tasty. The condensed milk also helped. I also pulled a single shot espresso to taste it, that was very tasty too.

IMG_3846.jpg

IMG_3847.JPG

IMG_3848.JPG

IMG_3849.JPG

Had a lovely chat talking about all sorts of things, movies, travel, food etc. Towards the end we got onto the topic of shaving as I had to return a cartridge razor of his that we ended up with after a travelling trip together years ago, and I info-dumped about wetshaving. He was quite interested, and so I ended up giving him a Tech-style Lord razor and Omega S-Brush I had spare (a shop sent me duplicates of both), some Palmolive cream, a bottle of Nivea Deep aftershave, a styptic pencil and some blades (Astra SP, BIC Chrome Platinum, Derby Extra, Lord Super Chrome). I think I probably overwhelmed him a bit but he took it in his stride, I hope he enjoys it.
He's off to Singapore and Sri Lanka in the next week for the next stage of filming, and later onto Japan, so he said he'd keep an eye out for blades and wetshaving goodies.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Eight O'Clock Original. French press. Black.

It's 76° in Music City right now with a high around 90° today. Another cloudy day ahead. Didn't sleep well last night. Maybe 5 hours. I did get a nap in yesterday though. Not much going on today other than inquiring about some new equipment for the studio. I'm going to need more coffee this afternoon as a booster. I can already feel it.

Have a blessed Wednesday, friends.

Now Playing •

Top Bottom