What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre-Shave: Grooming Dept Unscented Pre-Shave
Soap: MacDuff's Soap Company Old Strathcona
Brush: Morris & Forndran L7 Finest Badger
Razor: ASW Alpha Spirit SE
Blade: Feather Professional (13)
Post-Shave: MacDuff's Soap Company Old Strathcona Aftershave
Rating: 10 / 10
20240618SOTDa.jpg

GRUME 18 June 2024

Bobby B’s Daily 2-Pass Shave Report

1718707712365.jpeg

TODAY’ SHAVE AND CLEANUP:

Water
Razor(s)
Shaving Blade
Buffing Blade
Prep
Soap
Brushes
Rainwater (small
container)
Prep: Cold Shave: Hot
KCG Shaving
VDH Buffing & tight spots​
Bic Chrome
#60 of 100
Shave #
King C Gillette
9 of 10
Cube 2.0 Menthol
Left Timeless Blue Bowl​
Noble Otter Lonestar
Right
Timeless Blue Bowl​

Noble Otter​
1 Prep
2 Lathering

• Comments:
  • A nice smooth face feel shave, with only minimal buffing required. A few errands, and lawn mowing are on the agenda for today.

Quality
Rating
Nicks
Weepers
Stubble
BBS​
10.0​
0​
0​
Very Light​

Cleanup:
  • Rinsed & dried face
  • Dickinson’s Witch Hazel f/b buffing
  • Omega Alum stick
  • A/S Aqua Musk f/b buffing
  • Deodorant: Mennen Speed Stick

Evening Shave - 06/17/24
Razor:
Muhle R41
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (2)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft RR400
Aftershave: Clubman Lustray Blue Spice
Shave Comfort: 10/10 (Smooth)
Shave Quality: 10/10 (BBS)
Shave Rating: 10/10
Wohoo a BBS! I knew that this razor would come through with one. It has been on the verge of BBS shaves before. Super smooth and nice shave. Still very close this morning 12 hours post shave. No issues.

Tuesday Morning Shave Hullabaloo

Rating: 9.88/10 - AMAZING

One great shave out of a 50 year old system.
The strength of the Wilkinson Sword blade is legendary.

Wilkinson Sword Bonded Razor
Wilkinson Sword Blade (5X)
Abbate Y La Mantia Fufluns
Made-Rite No. 82 Pure Badger - Vintage
Pinaud Citrus Musk Splash On

Master Soap Creations Vintage Lapidus

D1EB9292-C8BC-431B-AE58-A7D94568B1C3-compressed.jpeg

Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Cremo Heritage Red
Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp SE (1)
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman
Rating: 10/10

Breakfast with my best friend of 60 years this morning so up early and grabbed what may be my favorite razor, the Leaf Twig. Oh, I change my mind daily, wavering between the Leaf razors and my Edwin Jaggers and the Game Changer and the Rockwell and the vintage Gillettes and the ... well, you get the idea. I have an embarrassment of riches. I'm fortunate that I veered off the path of cartridges into this interesting and excellent world of single and double edge razors.

proxy.php

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend (tallow formula)
Brush
Zenith Manchurian
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper & Old Spice Shaving Mug
Razor
ATT S-1
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS ASB
Fragrance
Beverly Hills, Polo Club
Rating
10/10
Comments
Today I changed the razors and the blade. The next razor in my rotation was the ATT S-1 slant razor. I loaded the razor with a fresh Personna Medical Prep blade. This razor-blade combination always gives me an excellent shave. Today’s brush is the Zenith Manchurian – the only Manchurian knot I have. If I didn’t have so many brushes I would get another brush with a Manchurian knot. I have used the Haslinger soap 36 times. The result was a nice, smooth, BBS shave. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Cremo Heritage Red
Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp SE (1)
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman
Rating: 10/10

Breakfast with my best friend of 60 years this morning so up early and grabbed what may be my favorite razor, the Leaf Twig. Oh, I change my mind daily, wavering between the Leaf razors and my Edwin Jaggers and the Game Changer and the Rockwell and the vintage Gillettes and the ... well, you get the idea. I have an embarrassment of riches. I'm fortunate that I veered off the path of cartridges into this interesting and excellent world of single and double edge razors.

proxy.php
Btw, that beer emoji I left you is a Coors Banquet, Dan. :)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, June 18th 2024

Razor : Razorock Lupo.72 SSP- Released or Mfg Jan 2021>, mid range. Excellent machining, finish + design for my shaving needs. Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning.
Blade : Polsilver SI (3) sharp and smooth with great longevity.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine lavender scented + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Mysterious space" 24mm Timber wolf knot. Excellent lather generator, luxury cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. The Yaqi timber wolf knot is very good for face feel and scrubbing.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my RR Lupo.72 with a Polsilver SI blade.
SOTD June 18 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Timeless Ti .68SB with Crown Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (5)
Soap/Cream: Seaforth Black Watch
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Large Damascus Textured Wet Shaving Lathering Bowl
Brush: Trotter Handicrafts Portal Handle T1 26mm Manchurian Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Semogue Black Watch AS
Rating: 10/10 A comfortable efficient 3 pass BBS shave with one touch up, no weepers, cuts or irritation. An excellent shave!

Tuesday morning shave:

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Musgo Glyce Lime pre-shave soap
Soap/Cream
Soap Commander Respect
Brush
Omega Boar Brush
Razor
Schick G Injector
Blade
Schick Injector Blade (12)
Aftershave
Thayers Lemon WH, Nivea Balm & Pinaud Citrus Musk
Rating
8.5/10
Comments
Pretty much a repeat of yesterday. With Juneteenth tomorrow (a federal holiday and I work in banking) and 2 days vacation, it's a short week for me. I'll probably do a couple more shaves this week - Thursday and Saturday.

Some on the forum say that they get 15 or more shaves from an injector blade. While I can get to 14 on this blade by the end of the week, I definitely feel that the sharpness has degraded. I didn't push trying to remove residual stubble. There were some hot spots when I applied the Pinaud citrus splash.

Three passes + one cleanup pass
No nicks.
No cuts.
No irritation.

Have some great shaves.

Top Bottom