What's new

🚀 👩‍🚀 👽 👾 SOTD - “Space/Futurist Week” September 2nd - 8th, 2024 🚀 👩‍🚀 👽 👾

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again, B&Bers!

For this Week’s SOTD Theme Week, let’s see the shaving gear that is futuristic or looks kinda out there. Post your Techmatics, Merkur Futurs and other cutting edge or futuristic looking shaving gear. Incorporating Space themed items in your pic is also allowed. Have a moon rock or a Lego Mars Rover? Perfect!

This Weekly Theme is one I always look forward to as I love seeing unique and futuristic shaving related items… and I am a space nerd. Even your PAA soaps and splashes with their goofy alien logo works for this week’s theme. Muglar Alien cologne fits. Noble Otter Orbit? You betcha. Have some of that gross freeze dried astronaut food lying around? Let’s see it! If you don’t have anything themed, post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us about it.

As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see your space themed items and futuristic looking shaving gear!
1725220205722.jpeg

Menthol Monday SOTD
20240901_170725.jpg

Razor: Rockwell Gunmetal Model-T V2
Blade: Gillette Platinum (D1)
Brush: Savile Row 3330
Bowl: Junichi Tanaka 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: Prairie Creations DdC Alpine Snowdrift
Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Aftershave: Pitralon (Classic)

IMG_0752.jpeg

Monday, September 2, 2024

Razor: Yaqi Harlequin with Razorock UFO handle
Blade: Personna Platinum
Brush: Arno 28mm Silvertip Badger "Galactic Halberd"
Soap: Noble Otter - Logbook
Aftershave: Twoface Brothers - Original Aftershave Lotion
Aftercare: Aloe Vera Gel
EdP: Byredo - Rose of No Man's Land

SOTD Monday 2 September
  • Razor Gillette Slim Adjustable J4 (5)
  • Blade Feather Hi-Stainless
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Cream Palmolive – Coconut Extract
  • Post Shave Thayers Witch Hazel - Unscented
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Feather Hi-Stainless blade was in my 1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable today.

Golfing yesterday so missed my daily shave. Another opportunity to use the Feather blade, I really enjoy the Feather blade with 48 hr growth. So smooth and effortless.
The Gillette Slim Adjustable is a little older than myself, and performs amazingly well.
Still yet to decide this week’s blade choices. I have a few sample blades to choose from.

63.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_4069.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10066 Boar.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Derby.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Perma-Sharp Super Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.

Fathers' Day Shave from yesterday, in memory of my Dad - a great man.

Uyw7DGs.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Diamond Jubilee QE II
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (Tallow)
Razor: English Gillette Aristocrat No 22
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Penhaligon's Bayolia After Shave Lotion
Scent: Floris No 89 EdT

Info below on the brush from my good friend Mark:

Simpson Jubilee Brush

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Cella
Brush
Uomo da Vinci Silvertip Badger (290)
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper & Old Spice Mug
Razor
U.K. Aristocrat
Blade
Polsilver Super Iridium
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS Sandalwood ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
I decided to change razors today. Next in my rotation is my U.K. Aristocrat. I loaded the razor with a Polsilver Super Iridium. The razor and blade combo worked nicely. Today’s brush does not get much play on B&B: the Uomo da Vinci 290 Silvertip. I originally had the smaller 293 model and decided to add the 290. Both are nice brushes. The shave was close and smooth. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Monday 9/2 Shave - S.A.B.R.E.tember Day 2
MicroMatic Monday

First Pass WTG with the Gutche - no Nicks or Weepers
Second & Third Passes with the MicroMatic
Overall Very Good Shave

Razor: Gutche Shavette
Razor: GEM MicroMatic
Blade: Cloud A77 (4X)
Blade: Cloud A77 Modified (1X)
Lather: Talbot Shaving GRACE
Brush: YAQI 26mm Rainbow Brush
Post Shave: Alcolado Glacial Splash

Post Shave: Mennen Skin Bracer

IMG_1242.jpeg

today was an excellent aftershave No.4711 and excellent blade Bolzano Superinox a good razor Merkur 34G a good brush PAA Doppler and a sub par shaving soap Night Watch Pear & Melon (I think, as the name not on container) Special shout out to the aftershave N0.4711.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    846.5 KB · Views: 2
🚀 👩‍🚀 👽 👾 SOTD - “Space/Futurist Week” September 2nd - 8th, 2024 🚀 👩‍🚀 👽 👾
ROCCAsolid, brotherhood for lovers of the Mühle Rocca
Mühle Mondays
MdC Monday

Hello friends

A great start to the week. Perfect for the splendid MdC Agrumes and Semogue SOC Finest. I returned to the impeccable and almost futuristic Rocca R94, this time with a blade I had never used before, the Treet 7 Days Platinum, my first Treet. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised, although it is not as sharp as the PPI blades, I found it quite smooth. I will try other Treet options, perhaps the carbon ones. I finished with Pinaud Citrus Musk, which combined divinely with the soap.

With us the wonderful alto sax of Lou Donaldson.

Rating: 10

Have a nice week and great shaves!
❤️🪒

57FD4476-64E6-418B-9A82-CF84C60FA00C.jpeg
IMG_8986.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, September 2nd 2024.

Razor : Star bar lather catcher(Kampfe brothers, Brooklyn NY), Mfg 1919-20, mild to tame mid range. excellent stamping technology for that time period. Kampfe brothers of NY started the safety razor industry as we know it today, they were the pioneers of the affordable safety razor in the 1880's. They started out small and grew to worldwide fame. Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning. Awesome razor with a fresh blade.
Blade :Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Speick stick(tallow), nice mild scent of spices with excellent lather qualities. Triple milled and my favorite stick soap!
Brush : Yaqi " Ferrari" 24mm boar bristle knot. Excellent lather painter, soft split end boar bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Great boar brush for my shaving needs.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Nivea refreshing lotion + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Star Bar #4 LC with a coated Gem blade. Had a wonderful close shave, hard to beat this razor for consistent great shaves over the years of use. One of my best chance taking buys over the years of buying vintage razors.
SOTD September 2  2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom