What's new

🇨🇦 🍁 🏒 🍺 “SOTD - Canadian Theme Week October 14-20th, 2024” 🍁 🇨🇦 🏒🍺

Hello All!

It‘s time again for another SOTD Theme Week, eh? it is Thanksgiving on the 14th in Canada, so let’s see your SOTD that contains at least one item made in Canada if you can!

Let’s see your Rockwell, Karve, Razorock, Wolfman and Canadian made vintage Gillette razors! Show us your First Canadian Shave, Highland Springs, Rocky Mountain, Henri et Victoria and Canadian Shaving Co. soaps and aftershaves! Spiffo and Fendrihan Brushes too!

Don’t have anything Canadian? Using non-Canadian shaving gear while eating back bacon, poutine, ketchup chips or Kraft Dinner works too! Have a rare maple syrup soap or AS? Pounding back a couple of Molson Canadians or Labatt’s Blues? Just mixed a Crown Royal or Canadian Club and Coke? Yes, yes and yes!

Being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged. Feel free to post any SOTD photo or just tell us about your shave.

Have fun!

1712512167626.jpeg

1712512204643.jpeg

1712512519282.jpeg

1712512546018.jpeg

IMG_1571.jpeg

Monday, October 14, 2024

Razor: Blackland Blackbird Stainless Steel (machined)
Blade: KAI (changed to Nacet as the KAI blade won't fit the Blackbird)
Brush: ARNO 26mm, Manchurian 2-band badger, Jade Palace
Soap: Twoface Brothers - Golden Supreme - Khingan Mountains
A/S: Twoface Brothers - Original after shave lotion
EdP: Terre d'Hermes - Eau Intense Vetiver

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_5061.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Zenith 506 Boar.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) USA: Razor Gillette Regus Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Nacet.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Razor Rock Classic
Brush
Paladin Chief
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37c
Blade
PolSilver Super Iridium
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Art of Shaving ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo, Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
The hole in the Razor Rock Soap puck has expanded and I had to flatten it with my fingers to make loading the brush easier. This is the 66th shave with the soap. I decided to use this soap every day it is used up. The next brush in my rotation is my Paladin Chief. This is a large brush that makes and holds plenty of lather. The brush performs perfectly and feels nice on my face. I switched razors today and the next razor in my rotation was my Henson AL++. I loaded the razor with a PolSilver Super Iridium blade. This combination gave me a close, smooth shave. A perfect shave. Eh. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    912.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Monday 10/14 Shave
OCtober/OBtober Day 14
Open Blade/Open Comb

Another use of the GUTCHE A77 Open Blade
Finished with a Vintage Gillette Senator
Very Good Shave
It will be A77 Blades all this week

Razor: GUTCHE A77 Shavette
Blade: Cloud A77 Half Blade (13X)
Lather: MDC Nature 50ML Jar
Brush: YAQI Rainbow Brush
Post Shave: Osage Rub Splash

Post Shave: Suavecito Bay Rum

IMG_1434.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, OCtober 14th 2024

Razor : Gem Micromatic OC (bumpless variant)+ all brass. Mfg 1930-32, mid range to upper mid range. Really nice shave this morning using the (Rigs shim) to mock the thicker blade splines prior to 1932 Gem blades to help smooth out the shave.
Blade : Gem personna SS PTFE(9) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock Lavender(obsolete), very nice lavender scent with excellent lather qualities
Brush : Yaqi"Bali" 24mm 3band silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. It sure bloomed on 1st cleaning and just put a smile on my face when I saw this transform(it is how they pack tie the knot to bloom(chubby looking), works well for my shave needs.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:(Aum tested) Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Gem Micromatic OC(bumpless) with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD October 14 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom