What's new

Something that Pairs with Proraso Green

I really like Proraso Green Splash AS. It works well, but the new formulation is pretty weak on scent. With the older formulation, I could splash on a good bit and get wiffs of it throughout the day. I think I was mostly getting wiffs of oak moss, but I'm not an expert.

Anyway, I wanted to find a mild/medium cologne that pairs well with Proraso Green Splash. I don't usually wear cologne. I typically go with AS(s) with a decent and somewhat lasting sillage. I keep thinking Polo Green might be a good pair. I wore it a lot in high school. Any other suggestions for mid level priced colognes that might pair well?

No idea since I use the AS splash by them and nothing else. But I have some of the Polo Green and I'll try your idea, sounds interesting.

I like Eternity with Proraso Green. There's something familiar in them to me, no idea what it is.

Last edited:
english fern has been a good match for proraso green, for me at least.
also GIT or vetiver.

$proraso green english fern truefitt and hill.jpg

I use Proraso splash & Cartier Roadster, which I apply 10+ minutes after the splash.
Roadster starts out as a very natural mint scent & changes to a remarkable vanilla/musk/woodsy base after a few hours.

I'm not familiar with Proraso Green AS, but many people who like Polo Green find Quorum to be similar at a fraction of the price. You can often find it for $15 for a 3.3 oz bottle at TJ Maxx/Marshall's/Ross. I like it a lot, but only when the Lowcountry heat starts to loose its grip.

..Pssst....
Hate to drop this onto the thread here!
Proraso Green has nice menthol, eucalyptus, mint, camphor, soapy, pine smell, that are neutral, totally fleeting and gone quickly!
So.....JUST ABOUT ANYTHING will pair great with Proraso Green!!

In my opinion, everything. For me the scent is very short lived and barely detectable after 15-20 minutes.
I love the scent and performance of Proraso, but it is my go to when I don't know what to pair w/ edt or don't want to think too hard.

I’m going to revive this thread as I cannot find a nice cologne to pair with Proraso green refreshing. Any thoughts ? I tried one that was supposed to mimic it but it wasn’t really on point.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t know why they won’t make a cologne for it. I even emailed corporate in Italy and they said they don’t have plans on doing it lol.

Top Bottom