What's new

Shark Week Starts July 7, 2024

Use to Scuba Dive & Surf in Southern California never saw a Great White.

Back then Shark Attacks were not normal events.

Today it seems Shark Attacks are more frequent.

Now Adam’s the only water I go near is Shark free.

Will be watching Shark Week on Discovery Channel.👍
Shark week unofficially started here 2-weeks ago. Wife was on her beach run when it happened and was wondering why she was witnessing such a mad-scramble to get out of the water :eek2:

We've known for years that they have been establishing nurseries in La Jolla Canyon, off of Black's Beach. La Jolla to Del Mar is but a stone's throw away

TBH - I'd be more concerned that these magnificent beasties have been becoming more and more prevalent:
proxy.php

Back on Topic: Where in the heck is that tuck of Shark Supers...

Shark week unofficially started here 2-weeks ago. Wife was on her beach run when it happened and was wondering why she was witnessing such a mad-scramble to get out of the water :eek2:

We've known for years that they have been establishing nurseries in La Jolla Canyon, off of Black's Beach. La Jolla to Del Mar is but a stone's throw away

TBH - I'd be more concerned that these magnificent beasties have been becoming more and more prevalent:
proxy.php

Del Mar is where they use to run the Race Horses on the Beach, and in the shallow of beach down by the Horse Race Track. Another negative thing about the Horse Track attracting SHARKS to pick off swimmers.

Remember after seeking g JAWS One my kid would run up and down beach in LA Couty screaming and point to water. SHARK, SHARK. She was not popular with beach goers.

proxy.php

Getting out of the water is definitely a GOOD MOVE!

Back before I retired in Vallejo California was Marine World Africa USA. One year they opened a New Attraction, Shark Experience, where you rode a moving conniver belt there an Underwater Experience were Shark were all over. Sadly the park close after a civil suit.

My buddy was the park staff photographer, I use to tease him you got dream job, if you decide to quit, I will take your old job in heart beat.

1718757811425.png

Back before I retired in Vallejo California was Marine World Africa USA. One year they opened a New Attraction, Shark Experience, where you rode a moving conniver belt there an Underwater Experience were Shark were all over. Sadly the park close after a civil suit.

My buddy was the park staff photographer, I use to tease him you got dream job, if you decide to quit, I will take your old job in heart beat.

View attachment 1864740
I remember going there once or twice, when we came to visit San Jose/Milpitas
Pretty sure that got rolled into Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Top Bottom