What's new

Rockwell 3 to 4 plate. Wow!

I purchased a Rockwell 4 plate. For me ( medium hair every other day shaver). The difference from the 3 plate is pretty stark. I'm a two pass shaver. The 4 plate gets it done in one pass with some slight buffing. Have to adjust the technique a little

I find my 3-4 plate is fine for getting the job done efficiently too. I’m an every other day shaver but sometimes become an every 3 days shaver, which I need to fall out of the habit of doing again!

I’ve been using my 6s for the last few shaves with plate 5-6 and have been alternating between 5-6 just for the fun of it. Can’t say I notice a significant difference between the two or that the 5-6 is that more efficient than plate 3-4. My friend who I managed to persuade giving DE shaving a go though, who was getting major neck irritation with cartridge razors, couldn’t get on with plates 1-2 or 3-4 but 5-6 seemed to work better for him.

I started with plate 3 for a few years, then moved to plate 4 for a few more years. Recently have started using plate 6 which is surprisingly smooth and efficient. I thought it would cut my face up but it doesn't.

Top Bottom