What's new

Newbie check-in post

Hey all, relatively new wet shaver here. Been at it for about 1.5 years and started with a Leaf twig razor. Thinking I wanted a closer BBS shave I moved to a thorn which I have been using for a year. Got the itch to change it up and haven't been happy specifically with my neck because it always gets chewed up regardless of prep, lather, blades etc... and now that I have more experience feel I can branch out again. Ended up trading for another Twig to go back to, and also have a dscosmetics T7. This is a good razor but was manufactured with a slight frown so have incoming a Mamba 53 to try as well as a Fatboy to play with. I also have made a couple shims so I can really experiment with different blade gaps and exposures. I'm somebody that loves to tinker and can't leave well enough alone.

I do have a favorite soap though after trying 506 and have settles on Stirling Soaps as my preferred brand, specifically the Evergreen Forest when in season. I like a Stetson aftershave for nostalgia and use a Yaqi 26mm Rainbow synthetic brush. I sort of do a pseudo face lather and use a fairly wet brush a do like a mini puck lather and finish it on my face with a pretty loaded brush and add water as needed.

Not sure much else to say other then it's fun to read about it. I think for me it's the little boy that never grew up and still like shiny and sharp things!

Top Bottom