What's new

WTB MWF Tallow pucks

Hello B&B, I’m looking to purchase NOS Mitchell’s Wool Fat TALLOW formula pucks.

I’ve been living under a rock, happily using MWF exclusively for a decade, and had no idea they changed the formula over a year ago. I tried the new formula and strongly prefer the original tallow version.

If you’re looking to offload, I’m your guy.

Thanks, B&B!

Keep an eye out for the Kent tallow pucks too, I believe it's the exact same formula that MWF was and they still seem to be available at different places.

Thanks @jesseix, does anyone know if the Kent versions were reformulated just like the MWF version was? Or if all Kent shaving soaps that are still out there are the original tallow version?

Cheers,

Thanks @jesseix, does anyone know if the Kent versions were reformulated just like the MWF version was? Or if all Kent shaving soaps that are still out there are the original tallow version?

Cheers,

It was reformulated also, and some retailers are definitely selling the new version. But there are some who still have the old ingredients list in their item description for it, which you’d like to think are accurate (for example Fendrihan):

brucered

System Generated
It was reformulated also, and some retailers are definitely selling the new version. But there are some who still have the old ingredients list in their item description for it, which you’d like to think are accurate (for example Fendrihan):
Fendrihan is notorious for wrong ingredient listings after a regulation.

Contact them prior to purchase.

brucered

System Generated
BTW, I asked Fendrihan, they said that they have new and old versions but could not guarantee which you would get.
Yeah, that was the same with Haslinger & Tabac.

Answers like that put them on my "do not buy from or recommend" list.

How much stock do they have that they can't take 15min to separate the stock and have two offerings until it runs out.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
They’re generally a great company, good prices, ships fast. Never had a problem with anything that I’ve bought. That said, not guaranteeing that what you receive matches the description is a bit fishy.

Hello B&B, I’m looking to purchase NOS Mitchell’s Wool Fat TALLOW formula pucks.

I’ve been living under a rock, happily using MWF exclusively for a decade, and had no idea they changed the formula over a year ago. I tried the new formula and strongly prefer the original tallow version.

If you’re looking to offload, I’m your guy.

Thanks, B&B!
One of the best tallow based alternatives to MWF is Cyril R. Salter's 100 gram shaving soap pucks. Easily create excellent lather with a nice scent that includes lavender. Same soap base as used by D.R. Harris.

You can buy these from Connaught Shaving for 4.5 British Pounds plus shipping if you are in the U.S. Best to order 2-3 pucks as shipping is very similar (6-7 pounds) whether you buy one or a few pucks. Even with shipping this is lower cost per gram than MWF if you order multiple pucks.

Look up my more detailed reviews of the soap if interested.

Top Bottom