What's new

Karve Goatlander Brotherhood (KGB)

full

Karve SS Overlander | Dorco Titan (4th Use) | Stirling Finest Badger 24mm | Stirling Orange Chill | Stirling Satsuma AS | Zingari Man Unscented ASB

I decided to use the SS version of the Overlander to see how well the Titan blade would perform against yesterday's aluminum. It performed spectacularly well. The heavier razor is a great match with the Titan. Today's shave was actually better than yesterday's great shave. Face and neck feel perfectly smooth. :thumbsup:

Today was my first shave with my brass Overlander. It finally arrived yesterday afternoon after wandering around through several detours courtesy of the USPS. The trip was two days from Edmonton to LA, and then seven from LA to Denver. Go figure!

Anyway, this was a very different shaving experience than I've ever had. Here's the lineup:

Karve Overlander (brass)
Personna Lab Blue (1)
Shavemac Silvertip 3-band Bulb
Stirling Scots Pine Sheep Soap
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm

The efficiency of this razor is amazing. It was tricky at first because I never really felt the blade, and I wondered whether or not any whiskers were actually being removed. I kept checking between strokes, and sure enough, I was actually shaving. Two passes (WTG and XTG) with a little buffing, and it's definitely BBS. I played with the angle a lot and, honestly, it doesn't seem to matter too much. I've been using a RR SS Lupo 95 a lot lately and this is just as efficient, though tons less aggressive. I'm sold. This one could likely become my daily driver on workdays. I'm an every day shaver.

Definitely in the brotherhood.

Today was my first shave with my brass Overlander. It finally arrived yesterday afternoon after wandering around through several detours courtesy of the USPS. The trip was two days from Edmonton to LA, and then seven from LA to Denver. Go figure!

Anyway, this was a very different shaving experience than I've ever had. Here's the lineup:

Karve Overlander (brass)
Personna Lab Blue (1)
Shavemac Silvertip 3-band Bulb
Stirling Scots Pine Sheep Soap
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm

The efficiency of this razor is amazing. It was tricky at first because I never really felt the blade, and I wondered whether or not any whiskers were actually being removed. I kept checking between strokes, and sure enough, I was actually shaving. Two passes (WTG and XTG) with a little buffing, and it's definitely BBS. I played with the angle a lot and, honestly, it doesn't seem to matter too much. I've been using a RR SS Lupo 95 a lot lately and this is just as efficient, though tons less aggressive. I'm sold. This one could likely become my daily driver on workdays. I'm an every day shaver.

Definitely in the brotherhood.
My SS Overlander arrives later this week. It’s taking forever to arrive. Can’t wait.

Newb here. I have been wet shaving with cartridges for about 50 years, and switched to DE shaving about 2 months ago. This was my first shave with my new brass Overlander. I used these products for its maiden voyage

Karve Overlander (brass)
Gillette Permasharp (3)
Simpsons Chubby 2 Best Badger
Cella Classic Italian Shave Shaving Cream
Pacific Shaving Caffeinated Aftershave

This razor is great, smooth and efficient. I did my usual 2-pass shave. I am a daily shaver and there is no time for the third pass most days. It was easy to find a good angle for the first shave. No nicks or weepers. I did two passes (WTG and XTG), and hit DFS without difficulty. This is a great razor for a daily shaver IMHO.

Finished my week using the Overlander and as expected it was perfect on all 7 days. It’s tough for me to definitively say, but it may be my favorite razor. Every time I use it I wonder why I own other razors. In all fairness though, I also think that when using the Athena. So who knows. Have a blessed weekend.
IMG_4045.jpeg

June 5, 2024 Wednesday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Silvertip badger (10)
Soap: Proraso green
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Nor'easter

This was a great three pass shave of two days growth. Back to the Overlander after several shaves with other razors. Everything was spot-on, except for the soap. Surprisingly poor performance, no residual slickness, it was a "drag-fest". Despite the soap, the shave went well. No weepers, etc. and no irritation.

SOTD 06_05_24.jpg

Evening, last night's shave:

Razor: Karve Brass Overlander
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Pre: Hot Water
Soap: Razorock WTP Blue
Brush: Omega Boar Pro
Aftershave: Osage Rub

Multiple days growth, and the Overlander did not disappoint. The Wizamet paired perfectly, and the RR WTP Blue just continues to give me excellent irritation free shaves.

10/10

Cheers

Evening, last night's shave:

Razor: Karve Brass Overlander
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Pre: Hot Water
Soap: Razorock WTP Blue
Brush: Omega Boar Pro
Aftershave: Osage Rub

Multiple days growth, and the Overlander did not disappoint. The Wizamet paired perfectly, and the RR WTP Blue just continues to give me excellent irritation free shaves.

10/10

Cheers
Wizamet Iridium and Personna PC are two of my faves - especially in the Overlander.

... Thom

Finished the week with the Overlander, 5 shaves (first two days I used the Brassbitd Lite). I really think if I had to only keep one razor for the rest of my life it would the Overlander. For me when I factor in all the variables that matter to me, it’s always on top.
IMG_4107.jpeg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
HIGH INTENSITY SUMMAH

Last night’s mostly cap-riding, ethereal shave
Karve aluminum Overlander :001_wub:
Sharp Titanium (1)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky
Simpson KH-1 17mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower :001_wub
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave:: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid

First shave with the aluminum Karve Overlander was amazing. An enchanted version of the brass Overlander. Too good to be true. Made the blade go from feeling smooth and kind of sharp to very smooth and sharper.

First shave with the synthetic version of the Simpson KH-1 also very impressive. Out the gate pong champ at loading my face with plenty of slick lather. Compared to the Simpson Wee Scot in best badger, it’s a giant.

June 19, 2024 Wednesday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, aluminum
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Soap: Proraso green
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Timberwolf knot
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

After a lovely six shaves with the Athena pass around, it was back to the excellent Karve Overlander.
Three passes of 48 hours growth produced a fantastic shave. The Overlander lives up to the hype!

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 06_19_24.jpg

thombrogan

HIGH INTENSITY SUMMAH

OVERLANDER EVENING

Last night’s mostly cap-riding, excellent shave
Sharp Titanium (1)
Pre-shave: warm shower :001_wub

Pretty good shave. Lightning struck thrice. All with a blade not generally recognized as vorpal, but could have been the inspiration of a Santana song vocalized by Rob Thomas. Brush and soap continuing to be a dream team.

thombrogan

HIGH INTENSITY SUMMAH

OVERLANDER EVENING

Last night’s cap-riding shave
Shark Platinum (1)
Pre-shave: warm shower :001_wub: and then waterboarding for a few minutes with shave binky

My past twenty-six shaves were with one-and-done uses of Sharp Titanium DE blades and I decided to use a Shark Platinum in my aluminum Overlander :001_wub: for last night’s shave. First use in a new and reasonably light razor after accidentally having a less than stellar previous shave might skew my impression the Shark Platinum in what’s rapidly becoming my favorite DE razor. Will see on next shave. Neck quite smooth 12 hours later.

Top Bottom