What's new

Ideas on how to display de safety razors

I own about 6 various de safety razors that I don't use, (3 Lady Gillettes in various colors, Super Speed blue tip, Merkur, etc.) They're all in very nice condition. I thought rather than keep them locked away in a cabinet I could clean them up nicely and display them in a shadow box frame. Any suggestions on how to mount the razors, tie wraps, tacks, wire, etc? I want to be able to remove them easily if necessary.
Any suggestions will help!

I wonder if something might be done with a magnetic strip concealed behind. Wouldn't work on the Merkur though.

Hmm, that's a thought. I have some thin rare earth magnets salvaged from some computer hard drives, they're very strong magnets. Could work if I have enough of them.

lasta

Blade Biter
I use these, peel and stick.

20240807_062713.jpg

Hmm, that's a thought. I have some thin rare earth magnets salvaged from some computer hard drives, they're very strong magnets. Could work if I have enough of them.
Guys never change. In elementary school I developed an eye for discarded/junk televisions and stereo speakers. You could get the most awesome magnets out of those. Powerful enough to move objects on my school desk with the magnet underneath the surface as if the object was being moved by some "mysterious" force.

I wound up using small, white zip ties to mount the razors. I don't think they're too noticeable. I framed 3 Lady Gillettes, 1 Super Speed blue tip, 1 Vikings Blade Chieftain, and 1 Merkur 38C Barber pole.
I think they look very nice displayed, better than hidden away in a cabinet.

Attachments

• IMG_20240816_082327.jpg
    IMG_20240816_082327.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 32
I wound up using small, white zip ties to mount the razors. I don't think they're too noticeable. I framed 3 Lady Gillettes, 1 Super Speed blue tip, 1 Vikings Blade Chieftain, and 1 Merkur 38C Barber pole.
Well done! They look great on display!

Simple, elegant, I like it.

It also keeps curious little hands (and big dumb ones) away.

To keep them secure but still easy to remove, you could try a few things. Elastic bands or clear silicone bands are discreet and flexible—you could stretch them across the razors and secure them to the back of the shadow box, so they stay in place but can still be easily taken out. Another option is using Velcro strips—just attach small Velcro dots to the back of the razors and to the backing of the shadow box. This keeps them secure but lets you remove them whenever you want. You could also use tiny hooks or pegs angled so the razors rest securely. Just make sure they're small enough not to overpower the display but strong enough to hold the weight. If you’re feeling crafty, you could even cut out foam or felt to fit each razor snugly, keeping them in place without needing any ties or straps. Whatever method you choose, make sure it's gentle on the razors to keep them in great condition.

To keep them secure but still easy to remove, you could try a few things. Elastic bands or clear silicone bands are discreet and flexible—you could stretch them across the razors and secure them to the back of the shadow box, so they stay in place but can still be easily taken out. Another option is using Velcro strips—just attach small Velcro dots to the back of the razors and to the backing of the shadow box. This keeps them secure but lets you remove them whenever you want. You could also use tiny hooks or pegs angled so the razors rest securely. Just make sure they're small enough not to overpower the display but strong enough to hold the weight. If you’re feeling crafty, you could even cut out foam or felt to fit each razor snugly, keeping them in place without needing any ties or straps. Whatever method you choose, make sure it's gentle on the razors to keep them in great condition.
Or just string with a sliding knot.

Top Bottom