What's new

I broke my Leaf Twig

Basically the title of the thread. My absolute favorite razor and daily driver is scrap metal. I got a bit ham fisted last time I closed it so it was jammed pretty tight. When I finally got it to budge, the bottom portion of the handle just started screwing off instead of the top portion opening.

Long story short, I’ve been fiddling with it over the weekend and I basically give up. I just can’t get it reassembled. I’ve had it for a couple of years and aside from a rough first go, it became my razor of choice. I’m also a head shaver and it’s the first non-cartridge razor I was ever able to use effectively on the ol’ melon.

Has this happened to any of you, and if so did you replace it? (Not on warranty)

Obviously, warranty consideration is Leaf's call. They're either going to take care of it or not. Up to them. But I will say this, First Leaf I had was the Thorn. It was a face chainsaw. They took it back no questions asked. Sent me a Twig to replace it, which was WAY smoother. I can't believe they even market that Thorn. It's for Chuck Norris and zoo animals. They're a good company and my guess is they'll take care of you. Their 3-blade Leaf razor is my go-to for headshaving. Fantastic dome scraper.

Obviously, warranty consideration is Leaf's call. They're either going to take care of it or not. Up to them. But I will say this, First Leaf I had was the Thorn. It was a face chainsaw. They took it back no questions asked. Sent me a Twig to replace it, which was WAY smoother. I can't believe they even market that Thorn. It's for Chuck Norris and zoo animals. They're a good company and my guess is they'll take care of you. Their 3-blade Leaf razor is my go-to for headshaving. Fantastic dome scraper.

Can hurt to ask about warranty.

Years ago a guy sent Xikar a photo of his XI2 Cutter that fell from pocket in to his grill.

Guy asked if this was cover under LIFETIME WARRANTY.

Xikar replied send in for us to see, guy did. Xikar replaced with same Cutter.

Then put original photo, and more photo on their social media.

Their cost to do replacement and return user $15.00.

People on social media went nots with 👍🥰.

Today Xikar is owned by another corporation, their warranty is not good.

Basically the title of the thread. My absolute favorite razor and daily driver is scrap metal. I got a bit ham fisted last time I closed it so it was jammed pretty tight. When I finally got it to budge, the bottom portion of the handle just started screwing off instead of the top portion opening.

Long story short, I’ve been fiddling with it over the weekend and I basically give up. I just can’t get it reassembled. I’ve had it for a couple of years and aside from a rough first go, it became my razor of choice. I’m also a head shaver and it’s the first non-cartridge razor I was ever able to use effectively on the ol’ melon.

Has this happened to any of you, and if so did you replace it? (Not on warranty)
This has happened to me as well with my twig thorn..I purchased the leaf thorn directly from leaf . leaf sent out a replacement very quickly. Overall, they have great customer service and just had me take a pic , and a new one was sent out.

last week I dropped my regular leaf twig from 4 feet onto the floor...the head bent and I attempted to fix it..However, I made it worse.I will be looking for a deal so I can buy a new one asap...This of course is user error.

Last edited:
My guess is that the customer service people have already read this thread and are waiting to help you out. Why? because you will come back on and tell everyone how great they are. That razor probably costs $15 - $20 to produce so its a good investment for them

I also would look at a warranty claim. My Twig will sometimes be difficult to open and I'm not being rough with it. If something jammed and broke I'd contact them about making it right. There was a change to the design. Maybe the original has a more failure prone point.

There is a youtube video of a guy taking his apart to completely clean it. He goes through the disassembly and reassembly of the razor. If it's just an assembly issue it might help you out.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Just sharing a little personal experience.

My Twig is a second-hand razor, a warm gift from a B&B friend.
When I first took it out of the box, it didn't turn smoothly and something seemed to be stuck in it.

What I did was drip some oil from between the bottom and the gap, and then slowly and carefully rotated it over and over.
Now it spins as smooth as silk.

contact Leaf and ask if they could repair it. I’m guessing they would do it for minimum charge if not for free.

Thinking out loud, might simply just replace the threaded handle maybe for half the price of a razor, which should be about 20.

Been shaving with the leaf thorn this week it’s a little bit milder than the lupo 95 but it never gives me any nicks. I may make it my daily driver now.

But I would definitely contact Customer Service and ask them if they could repair it.

This was one of my concerns about these one piece razors. I like being able to take a razor apart and clean it.

Face chainsaw? Seems a little harsh, not my experience.

Hi @thombrogan and sorry for the late reply. I was unexpectedly hospitalized this past Monday! Eeek. I’m ok now thanks to great paramedics and hospital staff.

Unfortunately the warranty route was never an option for me as this was an Amazon purchase. I would still like to replace the twig, and after reading some replies here it will be a twig again, not a thorn.

Funny enough, my new go-to has turned out to be what appears to be an ej de89 clone razor head on the Bulldog handle from my Razorock German 37. I got the ej clone from Fendrihan years ago as an add-on purchase just for fun.

Top Bottom