What's new

Henckles Identification

Hello,
New to the forum, but not new to DE shaving/collecting vintage razors. I usually pick them up when I travel abroad. I came across this wonderful piece in a Junk shop in Germany, and quickly identified the J.A. Henckles Zwillingswerk logo on the handle, the trouble is, I can not find another example online, or any information regarding its manufacture timeframe.

My gut says that it’s an early copy of a Rotbart/Gilette product and Henckles received a cease and desist.

Does anyone know anything about the razor pictured below?

Attachments

• IMG_0521.jpeg
    IMG_0521.jpeg
    717.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0522.jpeg
    IMG_0522.jpeg
    786 KB · Views: 26

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Hello,
New to the forum, but not new to DE shaving/collecting vintage razors. I usually pick them up when I travel abroad. I came across this wonderful piece in a Junk shop in Germany, and quickly identified the J.A. Henckles Zwillingswerk logo on the handle, the trouble is, I can not find another example online, or any information regarding its manufacture timeframe.

My gut says that it’s an early copy of a Rotbart/Gilette product and Henckles received a cease and desist.

Does anyone know anything about the razor pictured below?
Nice one you acquired, have not seen one like that. The handle is unique and distinctive to their Henckles brand.

Top Bottom