What's new

Has anyone had any luck with Plisson ?

So I placed an order with Plisson about a month and half ago for a HMW lazuli brush.

it was on back order so I knew there would be a bit of a wait but I wanted the brush so I was fine with it. However, I did not expect it to take this long so I emailed them last week for an update. No reply after a week so I emailed them again yesterday and of course no reply.

I wouldn't mind if it takes longer but the least they could do is update me and not leave me guessing when (if?) I will get my brush.

Has anyone ordered from them before and had a positive experience?

Ok so after no contact from Plisson after three emails I filed a PayPal claim to get a refund.
Now they replied after 5 days and apologised for lack of communication. They said high mountain white was out stock and is now back. And if I cancel my PayPal claim they can make me the brush now and offered to add a skincare product as an apology.
Or they can refund me now.

Since I placed the order, I ordered two acca kappa brushes in addition to an SV 2.0. I already have so I'm not short of brushes but I am tempted to get a Plisson which is why I placed the order in the first place.

original-lazuli-high-mountain-white-shaving-brush.jpg-3.jpeg

That's the beauty in question. A real looker

Mr. Shavington

Knows Hot Turkish Toilets
It’s a wonderful brush and the lapiz lazuli effect handle is lovely. I think you should proceed with your order, now they have confirmed they can fulfil it soon. If you like the extremely soft feel and gentle splay of a Plisson HMW knot you cannot buy a brush like it anywhere else.

You've made it this far, might as well finish the journey and get the brush.

I ordered a HMW 10 from them about 6 months ago. I didn't have any trouble at all. However, the brush I ordered was in stock at the time of ordering.

I've been very pleased with mine. IMHO, the HMW hair is akin to Simpson Super, which I am fond of. No QC or shedding issues.

If you are accustomed to a shorter lofted brush, such as a Simpson Chubby, it will take a few uses to adjust your technique to a lighter hand...at least that was my experience. The effort is worth it though. The result is an excellent lather!

It’s here! An amazing brush. Plisson came through and customer was really top notch. I’m now looking at what Plisson to get next

Attachments

• IMG_8022.jpeg
    IMG_8022.jpeg
    650.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8024.jpeg
    IMG_8024.jpeg
    993.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_8025.jpeg
    IMG_8025.jpeg
    996.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_8026.jpeg
    IMG_8026.jpeg
    993.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8027.jpeg
    IMG_8027.jpeg
    933 KB · Views: 38

Mr. Shavington

I’m glad you are so pleased with the brush. I love mine and, like you, I did not stop at one. These days you never know how long something you like will be around - even for a company old enough to have supplied brushes to Napoleon. There is no other brush on the market the same as a Plisson and everyone else makes lower lofted, denser, stiffer brushes, since these are the fashion now (but not my preference).

I’m glad you are so pleased with the brush. I love mine and, like you, I did not stop at one. These days you never know how long something you like will be around - even for a company old enough to have supplied brushes to Napoleon. There is no other brush on the market the same as a Plisson and everyone else makes lower lofted, denser, stiffer brushes, since these are the fashion now (but not my preference).

Apparently they have been around since 1808, long time.

Mr. Shavington

Apparently they have been around since 1808, long time.
Right. And that’s just when the company was formed. They were making shaving brushes even before then. They were among the first, if not the very first to make a badger hair shaving brush. And they really did supply Napoleon’s shaving brushes. The model @Phoenix997 bought was actually a special design they made to commemorate Napoleon, using the French blue colour for the handle.

Right. And that’s just when the company was formed. They were making shaving brushes even before then. They were among the first, if not the very first to make a badger hair shaving brush. And they really did supply Napoleon’s shaving brushes. The model @Phoenix997 bought was actually a special design they made to commemorate Napoleon, using the French blue colour for the handle.

Well hope the survive the changing world, brushes are pricy, but they must sell well.

That's what tempted me to buy it actually. I was in Paris a couple months ago and visited les invalides museum. I was inspired to get a memento. By the the time they responded where I can buy the brush in Paris I was already back home so ordered it online.

Mr. Shavington

That's what tempted me to buy it actually. I was in Paris a couple months ago and visited les invalides museum. I was inspired to get a memento. By the the time they responded where I can buy the brush in Paris I was already back home so ordered it online.
Pity you didn’t post here to ask. Planète Rasoir or Rue de Clichy seems to be the place to go. Cabinets upon cabinets of Plissons to select from. There’s a thread here about somebody’s visit to the store - marvellous pictures.

Pity you didn’t post here to ask. Planète Rasoir or Rue de Clichy seems to be the place to go. Cabinets upon cabinets of Plissons to select from. There’s a thread here about somebody’s visit to the store - marvellous pictures.
I guess I’ll have to go back

Top Bottom