What's new

Finally got my merkur 11c from eBay not happy about this

Back in August, I ordered a Merkur 11C razor from eBay, and I finally received it today. Unfortunately, the razor is in terrible condition. Some of the teeth are bent, and the metal seems corroded or deteriorating. It looks like it's been sitting unused for ages, which the seller never mentioned in the listing. I'm really disappointed with this purchase.

To make matters worse, I had a lot of trouble with the shipping. The package was delayed in Georgia, then ended up in Florida for over a month before I finally received it. I had to open an investigation with the postal service just to track it down.

I'm thinking of taking a break from eBay for a while after this experience.
merkur 11c

Well did the EBay sell misrepresent condition?

Did their photo shoe what you got?

If you were spoofed, how did you pay.

Credit Card?

If so one word will fix, DISPUTE CHARGE with you CC company.

Well did the EBay sell misrepresent condition?

Did their photo shoe what you got?

If you were spoofed, how did you pay.

Credit Card?

If so one word will fix, DISPUTE CHARGE with you CC company.
well i paid with paypal so im gonna try to look into

It shouldn't matter if you used a card or transferred funds through PayPal.

If you feel that the seller misrepresented the razor, or if you are unhappy with the razor AND the listing states that the seller accepts returns, contact the seller and tell him/her that you are dissatisfied and want to return it.

If you get resistance, explain that you are prepared to file a claim with PayPal. If the seller refuses to make things right, file a dispute.

It shouldn't matter if you used a card or transferred funds through PayPal.

If you feel that the seller misrepresented the razor, or if you are unhappy with the razor AND the listing states that the seller accepts returns, contact the seller and tell him/her that you are dissatisfied and want to return it.

If you get resistance, explain that you are prepared to file a claim with PayPal. If the seller refuses to make things right, file a dispute.
filed with paypal just awhile ago so im gonna wait just tired of getting burnt on things lately anymore the seller claimed to me it was soap build up and clearly its not on the top cap

filed with paypal just awhile ago so im gonna wait just tired of getting burnt on things lately anymore the seller claimed to me it was soap build up and clearly its not on the top cap

Yeah, you gotta be careful.

Good luck 🙂👍

Yeah, you gotta be careful.

Good luck 🙂👍
keep finding more things wrong with it more chipped or plating bubbling also the seller had it some what wrapped and in a plastic bag very cheaply wondering why its damaged or lost for a month

keep finding more things wrong with it more chipped or plating bubbling also the seller had it some what wrapped and in a plastic bag very cheaply wondering why its damaged or lost for a month

Packaging and shipping are the seller's resposibility to insure that your purchase arrives in good condition. If the razor was beat up during shipping (or you suspect it was) I would say that it is still the seller's responsibility to file a claim with the post office, and happily refund your money.

Update on the issue paypal got back to me saying i have a full refund my way but i have to return the item by a certain day glad something is getting resolved think ill be done buying things for awhile or maybe the bay at least kinda tired of getting burned irl and such latley really wanted a 11c

Tempted just to go all vintage and sell modern zamak or keep a few 3 piece ones atlest I can get parts for or find my Weber head

Top Bottom