What's new

Favorite Taylor of old Bond Street cream/scent

Hello fellow Gentlemen!

I have now tried (almost) the entré line of TOBS:.
Peppermint, Eton College, St. James, Lavender, Jermin Street, Mr. Taylor, Lime Zest, Tobacco Leaf, Royal Forest and Sandalwood - still have a Coconut sample to try.

I still missed a couple - maybe they will come in the future.

After this test - the ones I enjoyed the most was St. James, Lavender and Eton College - maybe I'm an old soul (of 33 years) that mostly like old worldly British scents with citrus and flowers 😅

Which are your favorites?

My favorite is Sandalwood primarily because it is the only remaining scented hard puck they still make. Alas, Lavender, St. James etc. were discontinued some time ago.
Are you sure? I can still find Lavender and St. James cream on their website and at my local shaving webshop?

lasta

Blade Biter
My favourite used to be Eton college. But ever since the formula/scent/supplier change, Eton college took a nosedive. Bright, fresh oranges are now muted, replaced by the overwhelming presence of synthetic musk.

Favourite now would probably be Tobacco Leaf. If we count flankers, then Piccadily Lime would be my number 1.

I was referring to the triple milled hard soap pucks. Back in the day each scent was available in both cream and puck. Only Sandalwood remains available in both formats.
Oh yes, makes sense - thank you for clearing that up.

Fordfather

Staff member
Cedarwood

200w (2).gif

St James all the way for me. I tried Eton college, Mr Taylor's, pepermint,sandalwood and ceder.
St James was the only one that made me want to buy the splash. And I did, bit it was hard to find.

Alsof very impressed by the creams performance. Pretty decent price wise too.

Hello fellow Gentlemen!

I have now tried (almost) the entré line of TOBS:.
Peppermint, Eton College, St. James, Lavender, Jermin Street, Mr. Taylor, Lime Zest, Tobacco Leaf, Royal Forest and Sandalwood - still have a Coconut sample to try.

I still missed a couple - maybe they will come in the future.

After this test - the ones I enjoyed the most was St. James, Lavender and Eton College - maybe I'm an old soul (of 33 years) that mostly like old worldly British scents with citrus and flowers 😅

Which are your favorites?
Royal Forest, St. James, Coconut...I detest Sandalwood (not just TOBS, all Sandalwood)

Top Bottom