What's new

English Flare Tip Rocket

Hello All,

I'm an avid Super Speed collector and just got my hands on an English Flare Tip Rocket. This turns out to be an amazing razor. Not aggressive by any means but probably one of the most effective, close shaving razors I now own. Significantly more effective than my HD Rocket or even my English Super Speed Red Tip. Very well made as to be expected. Anyone else try this razor? I especially like it with a Perma Sharp blade. All I need now is a Red Tip Rocket in good shape if anyone is looking to let one go.

Thanks,

uid0

Very nice razor! For the British Gillettes I have tried a few News, most of the Arsitocrats and Jr's.

Haven't had the pleasure of trying the Gillette rockets or superspeeds, but if they anything like the other British Gillettes, should be a notch above the American versions.

Happy Shaving!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I find no real difference in the feel, shave, or closeness between the Rockets besides the handle. Aristocrat Junior, yes.

Congrats!

full

I noticed a difference between my rocket flare tips.

The newer lower profile "superspeed" head didn't work as well for me as the older larger head.

Haven't tried my aristocrat jr or hd rocket yet though.

Still no luck with the red tip Rocket but I'll keep trying. I have the HD 500 as I mentioned above and very well-built razor but not quite as effective as the flare tip Rocket. Glad I have the HD though- nice stout razor. Flare tip Rockets are numerous online right now, in good shape- many with cases and at good prices. Really worth trying! Hope you gents are doing well and thanks for the thread bump!

Esox

I didnt know
I learned to shave with my fathers Brit Flare Tip. I believe he bought it in 1957. That was the first razor I used when I came back to DE shaving over a year ago.

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

Of all the razors I've used in the last year and a half, that razor is still the best TTO I've used and would do perfectly as an only razor. They really are fantastic. Polsilver blades for me.

I found a British Flare-tip Rocket in the wild last April (along with a British Aristocrat Junior), and they're both in my top five.
Compared to my US-made Black-handled Super-Speed, the Rocket seems to be built to closer tolerances than the SS. Less "rattling" when you operate the TTO mechanism, for instance.

Top Bottom