What's new

Blackbird Ti, what is this voodoo?

One of our Forum members sold me a Ti Blackbird with Ti stand for a pretty darn good price. I had to pull the trigger. I had my first shave with it today. So this is my initial “honeymoon” phase shave.

Some of you might have seen my post about the Henson razor. I loved the Henson aluminum so much bought a New Ti in ++. And it’s been tops. I have noticed that my using cold water makes the Henson clog since I make my lather thick, then it gets frozen dipping in it ice water. This isn’t a problem with warm water.

So, my shave with the Blackbird. I started with PAA “the cube” then lathered up nice and thick. Dropped in a Astra platinum, second use. Went to town. The feeling was very well balanced, the design is so perfect that my hand naturally found the balance point. The short handle is PERFECT for me. The design also allows you to find the angle without any guess work. I noticed I had no clogging issues however I only used cold water, not ice cold water so time will tell. The razor just felt so good. The first pass was over, I cleaned off and about to grab my brush for the second pass.. but wait a minute, what is this voodoo magic? I was down to a BBS shave… one pass. I can’t believe how smooth my skin feels and better yet, I don’t have that warm “heat” feeling. Needless to say, I’m very impressed. And BB will be in my stable forever the rest of my life and hopefully be in my family blood line.

I saved the best part for last.

The look and feel of the razor. I don’t want to compare it to the Henson as I’ve only used it once and I’m hoping to do a comprehensive review with photos in a month or so. But just on the looks…

The black bird is a looker and next to the Ti Henson, it just looks and feels amazing. The Henson is a beautiful razor but to me, the BB looks better. The angles, the shape, the way it stands… I’m just so happy with it. It might kick the Henson Ti++ to the Market lol. I’m officially a Blackland fan!

I also just recently got the Blackbird, but in Stainless Steel. Before my first shave I was a bit skeptical whether it’ll be really such a good razor as it is always described here. Let’s say I lowered my expectations a bit, yet tried to have an open mind.

The first shave was a bit of an “angle finding” phase for me, but it was quite good. The second and third shaves were a revelation. No other razor comes that close and in areas which are traditionally trouble spots for me too (like the neck and Adam’s apple).

But what really blows my mind with the Blackbird, is that it does all that super close shaving with absolutely no irritation at all. No aftershave sting, none. Though I still have to try whether I get any alum feedback. But I suspect it would be minimal. That is the most baffling aspect of the Blackbird to me, and I have no clue how that is achieved.

As for looks, it’s one of the most beautifully crafted razors I own. I have the machined version and even the machining marks are carefully placed to enhance the look of this beautiful tool.

To say that my initial expectations have been far exceeded would be an understatement.

One of our Forum members sold me a Ti Blackbird with Ti stand for a pretty darn good price. I had to pull the trigger. I had my first shave with it today. So this is my initial “honeymoon” phase shave.

Some of you might have seen my post about the Henson razor. I loved the Henson aluminum so much bought a New Ti in ++. And it’s been tops. I have noticed that my using cold water makes the Henson clog since I make my lather thick, then it gets frozen dipping in it ice water. This isn’t a problem with warm water.

So, my shave with the Blackbird. I started with PAA “the cube” then lathered up nice and thick. Dropped in a Astra platinum, second use. Went to town. The feeling was very well balanced, the design is so perfect that my hand naturally found the balance point. The short handle is PERFECT for me. The design also allows you to find the angle without any guess work. I noticed I had no clogging issues however I only used cold water, not ice cold water so time will tell. The razor just felt so good. The first pass was over, I cleaned off and about to grab my brush for the second pass.. but wait a minute, what is this voodoo magic? I was down to a BBS shave… one pass. I can’t believe how smooth my skin feels and better yet, I don’t have that warm “heat” feeling. Needless to say, I’m very impressed. And BB will be in my stable forever the rest of my life and hopefully be in my family blood line.

I saved the best part for last.

The look and feel of the razor. I don’t want to compare it to the Henson as I’ve only used it once and I’m hoping to do a comprehensive review with photos in a month or so. But just on the looks…

The black bird is a looker and next to the Ti Henson, it just looks and feels amazing. The Henson is a beautiful razor but to me, the BB looks better. The angles, the shape, the way it stands… I’m just so happy with it. It might kick the Henson Ti++ to the Market lol. I’m officially a Blackland
Wish I could get your kind of results in one pass. I still do 4 passes with the Ti Bird. It’s a great razor both in performance and looks.

Wish I could get your kind of results in one pass. I still do 4 passes with the Ti Bird. It’s a great razor both in performance and looks.
I did my second shave today. Two passes, new blade “Astra platinum”, no ice water available. Very smooth, feels like porcelain..

Now, I’ve had amazing shaves with the Henson, but the skin would feel buttery smooth. This feels different, idk 🤷 both are amazing. Mr. @kaufdrop27 sold me the BB and added some extra goodies. Thank you sir. He sold the BB because he’s a bigger fan of the Henson. So, I guess ymmv is fitting here. All I know is @kaufdrop27 , the BB has found a permanent home.

It all personal preference what people like, want, or eat. Personally I do not understand why people go to Chic-A-Filet, been there twice, saw zero special. But place has cult following, and fans. Sort of like Razors, some love, some like, other say no way Jose.

Top Bottom