What's new

Atelier Durdan Fan Club

This looks interesting, even though I was a bit disappointed from the Le Maurice 1.8 and for me it's quite mild and not as efficient as I would want it to be. This one would definitely be more efficient, given the fact that the both the gap and exposure are different for each plate unlike with the Le Maurice, where only the blade gap is different.
more efficient sir
the plate 1.1 already surprised me with its efficiency
Considering that the exposure here is not fixed like Le Maurice "they are 2 different products the N7 and Le Maurice" two different shaving philosophies

more efficient sir
the plate 1.1 already surprised me with its efficiency
Considering that the exposure here is not fixed like Le Maurice "they are 2 different products the N7 and Le Maurice" two different shaving philosophies

It does make sense for the N7 to be much different, given that each plate has different blade gap and exposure. For now though, I will wait and see how it's accepted by the masses and at some point I might sell my Le Maurice to fund a N7.

It's decided, the classic plate is the sweet spot for my head shaving needs. The Kai Captain Titan Mild bladets have done a great job, and if I need slightly increased exposure the Feather Pro Supers will provide it!

PXL_20240616_181141774~2.jpg

Atelier Durdan N.7 1.1 - Wickham Irish Fern - Shavemac G5C - Gillette Permasharp

photo_2024-06-17_10-52-53.jpg

photo_2024-06-17_10-52-58.jpg

Shaving with Atelier Durdan N.7 table 1.1

Nothing to add about the razor, we already know the construction quality of this French craftsman with his other products and this one is no different, in fact
The razor has perfect workmanship, it holds very well in the hand with its perfectly balanced handle, both the cap and the plate are very thin compared to the Le Maurice razor but they are 2 different razors
You might think that they are similar but no, when you go to shave you realize that they are 2 different products.

Let's move on to shaving, I used the plate 1.1 as my first shave with a permasharp blade "they are one of my reference blades" the first impression reminds me a lot of the Blutt 1.20 razor, the WTG razor on the first pass remains smooth and cuts smoothly clear without hitches "I had a beard of about 4 days" the excellent rinsing never gave the sensation of clogging and no sensation of blade vibration "as many people exclaimed when the first images came out" in the second pass ATG same sensation "clean cut and effortlessly" excellent blade locking and zero vibrations.
In terms of efficiency I can compare it above a Karve D close to E and above WR2 1.25 it is "almost" close to a WR2 1.35 a little below, the blade sensation of this plate is minimal, almost imperceptible " but it's there" this doesn't mean it's annoying, in fact I prefer it to the zero blade sensation of "Le Maurice"
I am certainly surprised by the efficiency of this plate and its softness with a "preferred" blade sensation that is never annoying, I cannot recommend this plate for a daily shave, perhaps the 0.9 plate is better for a daily one, a good mix of efficiency/softness, I think the 0.7 cymbal is perfect as a daily driver... but they are cymbals that I don't have available.

These are my personal impressions, based on my shaving preferences which obviously differ from person to person

If I made any mistakes in my English I apologize

After promising myself that I wouldn't join this club until after I had received the Paradigm TI - from the second batch that Andy is releasing, I went and placed an order last Friday morning for this razor with the ++ SB Closed plate and stand in the machined finish. I suppose sometimes that you have to give into the urge and follow your instincts. Now its just the wait, for the razor to be made and delivered to the UK.

After promising myself that I wouldn't join this club until after I had received the Paradigm TI - from the second batch that Andy is releasing, I went and placed an order last Friday morning for this razor with the ++ SB Closed plate and stand in the machined finish. I suppose sometimes that you have to give into the urge and follow your instincts. Now its just the wait, for the razor to be made and delivered to the UK.
The ++ SB is the one I'm looking at. Tell us how it goes when you get yours. Are you face shaving only? For me it would be used for head shaving. And what razors do you normally like use? DE/SE?

The ++ SB is the one I'm looking at. Tell us how it goes when you get yours. Are you face shaving only? For me it would be used for head shaving. And what razors do you normally like use? DE/SE?
Yes, face shaving only. Blackbird TI, Carbon CX are my main two DE As for the SE razor, I had the SS Vector - which I sold recently, because it wasn't getting any use and will be replacing it with this razor, when it arrives.

Yes, face shaving only. Blackbird TI, Carbon CX are my main two DE As for the SE razor, I had the SS Vector - which I sold recently, because it wasn't getting any use and will be replacing it with this razor, when it arrives.
They're both great razors. I was just reading some very positive reviews about the Carbon CX yesterday actually.
I also just bought the SS Vector, but don't like it that much. In hindsight, I wish I bought La Faulx instead.

They're both great razors. I was just reading some very positive reviews about the Carbon CX yesterday actually.
I also just bought the SS Vector, but don't like it that much. In hindsight, I wish I bought La Faulx instead.
I appreciate that this isn't really the thread to discuss the Carbon Razors offerings and so apologies for going off-topic, but they're are really very good razors in both fit and finishing and shave extremly well. See @WThomas0814 thread, for details.

I appreciate that this isn't really the thread to discuss the Carbon Razors offerings and so apologies for going off-topic, but they're are really very good razors in both fit and finishing and shave extremly well. See @WThomas0814 thread, for details.
Yes, will do, thanks.

Back to the topic at hand, how long is the average wait time to receive an Atelier Durdan razor after placing the order? When do you expect to receive yours? Do you get an ETA after placing the order, or do you just have to wait?

Yes, will do, thanks.

Back to the topic at hand, how long is the average wait time to receive an Atelier Durdan razor after placing the order? When do you expect to receive yours? Do you get an ETA after placing the order, or do you just have to wait?

I ordered mine on the 9th and it shipped yesterday (17th). As of right now, the tracking says it's due to arrive on the 24th.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Question on No.7... can anyone confirm that the .70 gap is a similar shaving experience to the 1.0 Le Maurice?

Also, has anyone tried the No. 7 head on the Le Maurice handle?

Good afternoon, my order turnaround time at Atelier Durdan is very impressive - ordered last Friday morning (UK time) and I have just received the confirmation that my order is on it's way too me.

Top Bottom