Growth: 3 day beard
Prep: Warm shower: Stirling Sheep bar soap
Pre: Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
Brush: Semogue 620
Lather: Van Der Hagen Select Shave Soap
Load Bowl: Old Spice Mug
Lather Bowl: Old Spice Mug

Razor: Kai Captain Standard R-Type folding razor
Blade: Kai Captain Titan ProTouch MG (D4.5)

Razor: Schick 500 Injector Razor (touch up tip of chin)

2 pass shave, touch ups for tip of chin

I ran into a similar problem with my barber razors and found that my lather was not wet enough to be slick enough to allow the razor to easily glide across my face without getting stuck. You might try a wetter lather. I find myself shaving with lathers much wetter than I ever thought I would use for shaving.
Oddly enough, with dozens of shavettes, this is the only one that I have this issue with. I probably need to spend some time only using this one and dialling in the lather it needs, but I jump between shavettes, SEs, DE etc every time I shave!

Another nice DFS shave with the chinese A77 shavette (4th). I am convinced now that it is not good to switch blade formats in shavettes like from dull blade to go to a sharp one.

pxl_20240508_055251630-jpg.1859428

Yes. I am sure. I bought it from Turkish site. On one side it is branded ZAZA and other side Focus Slim. And I believe "Made in Italy" is on shank.

View attachment 1860775
Yes it is a Focus Slim. You are among the few that don't like this shavette. If you loose a bit with pliers those small screws, then as I have read , you can put an injector blade as well.

I have always wanted to try this shavette, somehow I got a similar design from Aliexpress and it is very nice.

It feels more dangerous because it is ... slim. With wider "blade" it feels more confident to maintain shallow angle. Wider area flat on face is more secure.

I don't like covered corners. It is supposed to be more secure. It is open blade anyway. You have to maintain you security yourshelf. With covered corners it is harder to reach hair near nostrils.

Last edited:

Flanders

Stupid sexy Wing Nut
I have heard that too, but I have also heard of folks messing up the razor by playing with these screws. The instructions that come with it specifically say not to touch them!

There may be potential benefits, but it's not without risks too.
Mine never came with instructions other than something saying to only use snapped DE blades. In order to use half blades without them slipping, you have to tighten it; they still slide around too much. There is no physical reason that I can see why you shouldn't tighten and loosen as necessary; I use the pattern on the head to determine how much I have turned(it's a special screw, forgot the name).

Top Bottom