What's new

Rockviper Clubman Milk

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
A little while ago, I noticed @rockviper's signature:
Clubman milk: 50% Clubman, 25% Nivea balm, Old Spice and whatever other clear AS with scents you think might work

I tried something a bit different using Osage Rub, Nivea, and Witch Hazel. The result was very good. I normally use a splash but lately (winter I guess), it was drying more than anything. That's when Nivea came into play.

I intended to make the Clubman Milk when my Osage concoction was done. It was yesterday. So, I tried to follow Sam's recipe. I tried my best but the "whatever other clear AS" made it more difficult. So I kept it simple to start with.

Below is what I used(left to right) -> Old Spice Original (made in India), Pinaud Clubman Original, Nivea sensitive unscented, and Thayer's witch hazel (unscented).
IMG_1975.JPG

I followed the ratios from Sam's signature (50% Clubman, 25% Nivea, 25% oldspice+Thayer's).

It made this:
IMG_1976.JPG

The scent is not what I was expecting. I always found Clubman to be very strong scented, powdery, and pulling toward liquorice. It has something pulling toward a musk scent now. It might be the diluted Pinaud + Old Spice (made in India). Who knows? 🤷‍♂️

I made a small quantity that should take me to the end of May 2024. It's going to be perfect as I will revert to a splash AS after that.

So, if you haven't tried it, it's a good experiment. I mixed mine in a (clean) Tabasco bottle (57ml format). It's small enough to last a few shaves and if you don't like it, it won't break the bank!

I tried to look at the history of Clubman Milk and the only thing I could find was this thread which isn't it. Sam might be able to fill the first sight of the milk...

linty1

My wallet cries.
This is exactly what I needed as I look to one day brew my own Clubman Milk... you keep mentioning the "made in india" for the Old spice... is there a diff in the non "made in India" ones?

Almost there... just gotta source a dispensing bottle... I have time, I might just go buy a big thinger of Tabasco.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
This is exactly what I needed as I look to one day brew my own Clubman Milk... you keep mentioning the "made in india" for the Old spice... is there a diff in the non "made in India" ones?

Almost there... just gotta source a dispensing bottle... I have time, I might just go buy a big thinger of Tabasco.
I used the Old Spice (made in India) since that's the only Original OS scented that I had at home. I have some Old Spice Pure Sport but the scent is very different to the Original.

I will say the Canadian version for the other Original Old Spice as last time I checked, it was made in Canada. But... That was a few years ago... So it's possible that what you get in the Canadian drugstore today isn't made in Canada anymore. Hold the pitchforks!

The Indian version is similar to the Canadian-made Old Spice. It's not the same but I would say it's probably 90% the same scent-wise. The Indian version might be a bit less powdery. If you use the one available at the local drugstore, you should be much closer to Sam's mix.

I improvised with Thayer's Witch Hazel since I had it, it's unscented (so it won't mix the scent too much) and I didn't know which bottom-of-the-barrel aftershave Sam used.

I did not try Sam's version but the major ingredients are in so it should be very similar.

That’s basically what I do every time I apply my aftershave, but without the mixing in a bottle part.

A couple of sprays of floid, a peanut drop of cerave and a few drops of WH as needed.

Rub hands together and apply it to the face.

Top Bottom