What's new

I need advice on Acqua di Parma shaving cream

Good afternoon. Recently, a participant in the Russian shaving forum wrote to me and shared his problem. He cannot get a normal foam from the Acqua di Parma cream. After a short correspondence, he sent me this cream so that I could test it and try to get a normal foam. I haven't done that yet. I want to ask the forum participants. Does anyone have any experience shaving with this cream?
I apologize for possible errors in the text.

Many creams are very light and very slick producing virtually no lather. Lather is actually for show it does very little to help a shave. My favorite is one that is completely clear, so absolutely no lather at all. i suspect this ADP cream works that way. Your friend will ruin the way it works if he tries to make lather like soap.

The cream is a bit stranger than most creams, but you should be able to get a normal foam.

First time I used it I got a more transparent lather. That's because I added to little cream, thinking that it is expensive and I should not waste it.

What I did recently and it worked better was to put more cream (a teespoon), than usual in the bowl and add water in smaller quantities. Keep adding drops of water, whisk with the brush more, and repeat.
In the end you get a good foam.

So more cream, watter in smaller portions, more mixing with the brush.. It's more work than normal creams, I know. Then try it out, if it feels dry add a bit more watter..

The cream is a bit stranger than most creams, but you should be able to get a normal foam.

First time I used it I got a more transparent lather. That's because I added to little cream, thinking that it is expensive and I should not waste it.

What I did recently and it worked better was to put more cream (a teespoon), than usual in the bowl and add water in smaller quantities. Keep adding drops of water, whisk with the brush more, and repeat.
In the end you get a good foam.

So more cream, watter in smaller portions, more mixing with the brush.. It's more work than normal creams, I know. Then try it out, if it feels dry add a bit more watter..
Thank you for your valuable advice. I will definitely try to do this and share my result.

Never an issue lathering with AdP shave cream, albeit from a tub.

acqua di parma pils brushless december 10 2018.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Never had an issue with it, one of the best. I can get 2+ passes from 1/3g with every brush that I’ve tried.

If I used a teaspoon of it, I’d have to lather in the sink and have enough foam to shave a moose.

Never had an issue with it, one of the best. I can get 2+ passes from 1/3g with every brush that I’ve tried.

If I used a teaspoon of it, I’d have to lather in the sink and have enough foam to shave a moose.
To be fair, perhaps it was not quite a teespoon, but last time was curious what if I were to start with more cream. And it did result in a more dense lather than usual. It's true it was enough for 4,5 passes.

So if you have no issues lathering AdP, then 1 teespoon it's just wasting product.

🍻

Top Bottom