May 22, 2024 Wednesday shave

Razor: Parker Solo Edge (2)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Soap: Cella red
Brush: AP Shave Co. 24mm G5A
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Fine Snake Bite

After a terrible first outing with the Parker Solo Edge, I finally got up my nerve to give it another try. This time was much better, I treated the razor with more respect and didn't try for a BBS shave. I got a good shave with no weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation. I'm happy to reclassify this razor from dreadful to respectful.

9.8/10 Very nice!

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 05_22_24.jpg

Not sure how to describe it, maybe light and fresh. I do like the scent and it makes my skin feel really nice. It will stay in my rotation for sure. I know that probably doesn’t help too much.
Thanks. Are there any colognes or aftershaves that are similar? I hate to buy a bottle and it not work for me.

Reactions: Kix
Cella Shavemac Henson.jpg

Cella Red
Henson Ti22 ++
Shavemac butterscotch 28mm Fiber brush (it isn't as yellow in real life)

I had a BBS shave and wasn't trying. I used a Gillette Super Nacet blade, which are not bad. I did three passes, the last as a touch up without relathering. There was still enough slickness to accomplish this. Cella rocks! An added plus I smell good and not over perfumed.

I see you may have bought the Cella set. I really wanted to buy it but the aftershave has alcohol so it can't be shipped here. How's the brush?
Sorry for the late reply, Dan. The brush is my first synthetic, so I don’t have anything to compare against other than my boars, but the backbone was too strong initially, but I don’t know if it broke in or I just got more used to it. Regardless, I think it is perfect. I really like not having to soak the beush beforehand and strop drying actually gets the thing dry! I love that about it. The handle is a bit small for my hand and wish it was a bit larger, so I may look for a synthetic with a larger handle, but for right now, I haven’t used a boar since using the Cella synthetic and have been enjoying ideal shaves with it. Cheers!

Sorry for the late reply, Dan. The brush is my first synthetic, so I don’t have anything to compare against other than my boars, but the backbone was too strong initially, but I don’t know if it broke in or I just got more used to it. Regardless, I think it is perfect. I really like not having to soak the beush beforehand and strop drying actually gets the thing dry! I love that about it. The handle is a bit small for my hand and wish it was a bit larger, so I may look for a synthetic with a larger handle, but for right now, I haven’t used a boar since using the Cella synthetic and have been enjoying ideal shaves with it. Cheers!
I thought it was a boar brush. Interesting. Well, I can recommend some wonderful synthetics that had me get rid of all of my natural hair brushes because they are so good.

As you note, it is a good thing not to have to soak a brush, just wet and go. Another good thing is not having to wait a day or even two for a brush to dry out and related to that, not having to worry about fungus.

May 30, 2024 Thursday shave

Razor: Blackland Era Level 4, OC
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Russia (2)
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Silvertip badger (9)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

This was another seldom used razor that was deployed today. It deserves more use, it's a good razor. It's really totally different than any other Blackland razor. I would like to smooth out the open comb teeth, they're a little rough, but usable as is.
The three pass shave of 48 hours growth was free from weepers, etc. and there was no irritation.
The 24mm Yaqi badger brush dwarfs my other 24mm brushes, it's the perfect size and works well.
It was a great shave!

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 05_30_24.jpg

Finished my first chunk of Red this morning and I have 7 left in the freezer. However, I am going to finish up some other soaps and creams before I start I new piece. Have a blessed weekend everyone.
IMG_4040.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Kix
Top Bottom