What's new

Alum block: BEWARE

Never used it, myself, but I was under the impression that most people rinse it off after a little bit?
I leave it on my face. Mostly because I think it is either good or at least not harmful. For example, when I apply it each day as an underarm deodorant there is no adverse reaction on my skin. Were I to rinse it off, it would not then function as a deodorant.

Perhaps deodorant isn't the right word. It is an antibacterial. Underarm odor is, well, bacteria excrement. Alum creates an area on which bacteria can't live.

Reactions: Kix
My take on alum blocks: On skin after the shave I just use aftershave. I only use alum if there is a bleeding weeper.

My worst shave reaction is still to blame on a birch pollen allergy. I suspected the new blades, new razor, my technique/bad shave.

Alum is not to blame in your case either. That was perhaps rather a too vigorous and thorough shave with the Konsul! :)
Alum might cause the symptoms, but it isn't to blame, see above. Dial the Konsul perhaps down a bit. That's why it is adjustable, after all.
What product is birch pollen in?

Never used it, myself, but I was under the impression that most people rinse it off after a little bit?
I leave it on for a little while, then use witch hazel facial toner.

Sometimes alum stings, but never to the point that I would call it painful. That said, I might use a different kind of alum. I use Osma.

Top Bottom